Hey, today’s your lucky day. Consider this list a bonus E-commerce Link Digest this week. This group of posts represent a dozen really useful e-commerce and marketing entries from here on the blog over the last handful of months, based on what you all shared and liked most often across a number of social media channels. The list includes items from my daily blog, and my weekly podcast and Travel Tuesday entries. Enjoy:
- Leading off, you’ll likely really want to check out this post that asked, “Should Marketers Really Trust Google in 2014?”
- Continuing on the search theme, your next most favorite post examined “The Big Problem with Paid Search on Mobile.”
- Shifting to email, this look at “E-commerce Best Practices: How to Grow Your Email List” continues to be one of the most popular posts on the blog.
- Yes, I know, it’s a click bait title, but “Holy Crap! Mobile’s Even Bigger Than You Thought” seriously underscores the increasing importance of mobile as a channel.
- This exploration of “The Truth About Data-Driven Marketing” from just last week has rocketed to the top of the charts.
- You also seem to really enjoy the revived Link Digest Series, including this entry featuring “10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest.”
- Another round-up collected “The Big Reading List for Labor Day 2014.” Good stuff.
- A recent podcast episode explained “Why Your Customers Buy.”
- A big Travel Tuesday entry uncovered “The 4 Rules of Social Marketing for Hotel Marketers.”
- Another link digest gathered the “8 Digital Marketing Posts Worth Reading This Week.”
- Mobile continues to shape the dialogue, just as evidenced in this post on “How Mobile Shapes Customer Behavior.”
- Finally, hotel marketers will want to check out this Travel Tuesday post, “The Big Myth About Hotel Metasearch.”
Curious about the marketing and e-commerce trends that will drive your business in 2015? Check out the slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
And, if you’re interested in learning even more about how customers changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
Finally, you might also want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your business, including:
- What Your Customers Expect from Mobile and E-commerce in 2014
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- Should Marketers Really Trust Google in 2014?
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56