I mentioned yesterday that this is a lucky week for you. Not only did you get a dozen useful marketing and e-commerce posts to read, but you get another entry into the very popular Link Digest series today, too. Here’s what’s worth watching:
- New data suggests that mobile e-commerce now bigger than desktop. This has been a long-time coming, and I think that we’re not done yet.
- Inc.com offers up 6 easy ways to improve your e-commerce business that are well-worth reading.
- I may have mentioned how much I think Apple Pay (and the competition it will encourage) represents a game-changer for mobile commerce. Early signs seem to indicate that’s right. Mobile Commerce Daily reports that Amazon, Lowe’s, and E*Trade plan to reduce m-commerce friction with Touch ID for their checkout products. And, I suspect, more will follow. Stay tuned.
- Mobile Commerce Daily also says that 68% (!) of retailers overlook m-commerce investments. Um… seriously?!? That’s a HUGE number. And a huge opportunity for you to get a leg-up on your competition.
- Brafton talks about increasing investment in brand awareness due to increasing as SEO benefits. Smart strategy.
- This week’s podcast looks at D&D, disintermediation and disruption, one of the key trends for 2015. Definitely worth your time.
- Finally, Marketing Profs uncovers six tactics for successfully marketing to Millennials. Good stuff.
You might also want to check out 6+ Digital Marketing Posts You Must Read This Week: E-commerce Link Digest from last week, This Week’s 10 Must-Read E-commerce/Digital Marketing Posts from the week before, and the entire E-commerce Link Digest series, too.
Curious about the marketing and e-commerce trends that will drive your business in 2015? Check out the slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
And, if you’re interested in learning even more about how customers changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
Finally, you might also want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your business, including:
- What Your Customers Expect from Mobile and E-commerce in 2014
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- Should Marketers Really Trust Google in 2014?
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56