After recapping the top trends for 2021 last week, you might have wondered, where was AI? Is artificial intelligence a big trend for business next year? Or is AI nothing more than hype?
Yes, there is a lot of hype around AI. That’s clear. But to think that artificial intelligence is nothing but hype, to think that it won’t help your business — or hurt your business if you ignore it — is a huge mistake. Research and real world experience shows that companies using AI to improve sales, marketing, pricing, and operations outperform their competition the way a rider on a horse can outrun even the fastest human.
The latest Thinks Out Loud looks at how you can win that race. And why artificial intelligence is a big trend for your business in 2021 — and beyond.
Want to learn more? Here are the show notes for you.
Thinks Out Loud Episode 311: Is Artificial Intelligence Still a Big Trend for Business? Headlines and Show Notes
We have a couple of free downloads for you to help you navigate the current situation, which you can find right here:
- A Brief Introduction to Thinks Out Loud. As a bonus, we’ve also included this PDF document that highlights some of our core episodes to help you dig into what the show is about. We think it will help you capture the show’s essence while you’re working your way through the 300-plus episodes published so far. Download it here.
- Digital & E-commerce Maturity Matrix. As a bonus, here’s a PDF that can help you assess your company’s digital maturity. You can use this to better understand where your company excels and where its opportunities lie. And, of course, we’re here to help if you need it. The Digital & E-commerce Maturity Matrix rates your company’s effectiveness — Ad Hoc, Aware, Striving, Driving — in 6 key areas in digital today, including:
- Customer Focus
Show Notes and Links
As always, here are the "regular" show notes, detailing links and news related to this week’s episode.
- Will Artificial Intelligence Ever Live Up to Its Hype? – Scientific American
- Is AI All Hype Right Now?
- 2 Trends on the Gartner Hype Cycle for Artificial Intelligence, 2020
- Opportunities and challenges for travel brands using AI | PhocusWire
- The state of AI in 2020 | McKinsey
- It’s Managers, Not Workers, Who Are Losing Jobs To AI And Robots, Study Shows
- AI Won’t Steal Your Job: Smart People Who Put AI to Work Will (Thinks Out Loud Episode 208)
- Quantum computing could be on the market by 2023, says IBM CEO Arvind Krishna | Fortune
- Why AI Will Change Hospitality Marketing Forever
- Where AI Will Affect Sales and Marketing First. And Most (Thinks Out Loud Podcast Episode 211)
- Is AI in Sales and Marketing Real (Thinks Out Loud Episode 243)
Thinks Out Loud is sponsored by SoloSegment: SoloSegment increases large-enterprise, B2B website conversion with easy-to-install software that automatically connects website visitors to the content they need to see to achieve their goals. SoloSegment does this using anonymous data and machine learning ensuring privacy compliance, addressing the many anonymous visitors, and improving the efficiency of marketing teams. Visit SoloSegment.com.
Subscribe to Thinks Out Loud
Contact information for the podcast: email@example.com
Past Insights from Tim Peter Thinks
You might also want to check out these slides I had the pleasure of presenting recently about the key trends shaping marketing in the next year. Here are the slides for your reference:
Technical Details for Thinks Out Loud
Recorded using a Heil PR-40 Dynamic Studio Recording Mic and a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 (3rd Gen) USB Audio Interface into Logic Pro X for the Mac.
Running time: 19m 23s
You can subscribe to Thinks Out Loud in iTunes, the Google Play Store, via our dedicated podcast RSS feed (or sign up for our free newsletter). You can also download/listen to the podcast here on Thinks using the player at the top of this page.