E-commerce Still Has Lots of Room to Grow (Small Business E-commerce Link Digest)
Despite being around for almost twenty years (!), e-commerce has lots of life left in it, with tons of room to grow. Here are a bunch of examples that illustrate how and why:
- Business Insider explains why you should bet on e-commerce exploding.
- For growth in your own business, Practical E-commerce offers 7 strategies to grow e-commerce revenue.
- The New York Times asks (and answers), “Do People Actually Shop on Phones? The Answer Is Decidedly Yes.”
- I looked at what mobile will do to your sales in 2013.
- Made With Real Juice (I swear that’s their name) shows how to optimize your e-commerce website’s Facebook page.
- This week’s podcast focuses on a key theme: “It’s All E-commerce.”
- Think e-commerce innovation is behind us? Not so. Over on TravelStuff, I looked at what Google’s Flight Explorer tells us about the state of travel search (and where it’s going).
- And get ready for the big boys to get more interested in e-commerce opportunities. For instance, Facebook just hired a head of travel and is paying much more attention to e-commerce.
- Of course, old-line retailers are getting more active in the mix I looked at what Target’s online price matching teaches you and your customers the other day.
- And, finally, Business Insider has a Morgan Stanley report that examines the coming e-commerce disruption. Well worth the read.
And don’t forget, there’s still time to register for my Biznology webinar: “It’s all E-commerce: How the Social, Local, Mobile Web Affects Sales Online and Offline”.
Have a great weekend, Big Thinkers. We’ll see you back here next week.
If you can help those dealing with the after-effects of Hurricane Sandy, please visit the American Red Cross.
Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.
Tim Peter & Associates helps companies from startups to the Fortune 500 use the web to reach more customers, more effectively every day. Take a look and see how we can help you.
Technorati Tags: 2013 trends, e-marketing, ecommerce, email marketing, strategy, success, E-commerce, e-commerce, E-commerce strategy, ecommerce, m-commerce, marketing, marketing best practices, mobile
This Post Has 3 Comments
Thank you for the name drop Tim, and yes that IS are real name 🙂
The rest of the resources are great, especially the article by Practical eCommerce.
Glad you enjoyed the post, Julian. And I love the name! Very, very memorable. Thanks for reading, for commenting, and for providing an excellent blog of your own. Hope to see you around here again.
[…] First up, a look at why e-commerce still has lots of room to grow. […]