It’s getting late in the summer, Big Thinkers. So, just like last week, we’re going to get right to the links without much setup. So you can have the latest in local, social, mobile link love quickly, then get to enjoying your weekend right away.
- Leading off, Edward Boches looks at developing a strategy for dealing with social media fatigue. Money quote:
“The trick, of course, is to make everything work for you, not the other way around. There’s no need to use it all.”
- Rae Hoffman-Dolan has a great round-up from top experts on best practices for link building.
- Cyrus Shepard on the SEOmoz blog serves up his thoughts on blog design for killer SEO.
- Ken Hanson offers 10 signs your brand is in trouble I loved this line:
” If everything in your place is a fire drill and your group prides itself on thinking on its feet and getting the job done instead of getting the job done right, you need to regroup.”
- Angela Maiers suggests how to “be” social and not just “do” social. Best quote:
“Who you are comes across more strongly than what you sell or say. This means not only investing in social media, you must also to invest in yourself to grow and to be better.”
- Google Research recently put together a video showing that search ads drive more traffic than organic does alone. Take a look:
Interesting. But what I want to know is whether those clicks lead to more sales, or only more traffic? If you’ve got an idea, drop me a line in the comments.
That’s a wrap for the week, folks. Enjoy your weekend and we’ll catch you back here on Monday.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.
blogging, blogs, business blogging, E-commerce, e-commerce, E-commerce strategy, e-marketing, ecommerce, F-commerce, Facebook, Google, google, internet marketing, marketing, online marketing, ppc, ppc marketing, search, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, sem, seo, SEOmoz, social, social commerce, social marketing, social media, social search, social strategy, strategy