Hey, Big Thinkers! Hope you’re having an amazing Friday. How about we kick off the weekend the right way with this amazing set of 6 must-see social and mobile commerce posts from the past week? Enjoy:
- Leading off, we took a look at amazing numbers that show why mobile commerce is about to explode and asked, what’s holding mobile commerce back? Good stuff, that’s well worth reading, especially given that, according to Portia Crowe at Business Insider, retail and e-commerce are converging.
- On a highly related note, Brielle Jaekel at Mobile Marketer writes that marketers need to push for quality mobile content. That’s huge, given that, we’re all publishers now.
- Mihir Kittur at The Future of Customer Engagement and Commerce blog outlines how to boost online conversion and says we need to open our ears. Helpful tips throughout.
- Chantal Tode from Mobile Commerce Daily reports that MCX has bowed out of the space as the opportunity narrows for new mobile payment entries. That doesn’t change the fact that mobile payments will rule and I remain bullish on mobile payments (and messaging, too). If you’re curious for more insights as to why that is, you might want to review these 6 awesome insights about mobile payments, e-commerce and even more.
- eMarketer compiled a set of data that shows marketers continue to struggle to balance marketing technology tools and talent.
- Finally, let’s finish off where started, by recapping these 11 data-driven marketing insights to start your (next) week off right and this set of 10 killer mobile and e-commerce resources, the top posts of April, 2016.
If you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- 2016’s Top Trends: Make Room For Mobile Video
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest