Your 10 Favorite Topics This Month (September 2013)
So, here’s the thing. I’d write this blog even if nobody read it. Hell, in the early days that was literally true.
But one of the advantages of having readers is that I get to learn what you liked, each and every day. And, once a month, I share what readers here on the blog (I call you guys Big Thinkers), found most interesting.
And, so Big Thinkers, here are the Top 10 Topics from Thinks this month. Enjoy!
- “You like me! You really like me!” That’s what my “Book Review of the Week-ish” series must be saying this month. Either that or absence really does make the heart grow fonder. After a hiatus of several months, the series returned and my review of “The Age of Context” by Robert Scoble and Shel Israel was by far the most popular post—despite only being live for a few days in the month. I see more reading in my future. And more reviews, too.
- As ever, the Travel Tuesday series always does well, including this entry on The Single Most Effective Way to Improve Your Brand’s Digital Marketing.
- “You got your e-commerce in my mobile!” “No. You got your mobile in my e-commerce!” Actually, it’s two great tastes that taste great together (C’mon, who didn’t love that spot). Anyway, this look at How Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless” was just as popular as chocolate and peanut butter, reaching #3 on your list this month.
- You all really seem to enjoy Thinks Out Loud, my weekly podcast, especially Episode 41, Digital Marketing Strategy is About Information, Not Technology.
- Oh, and Episode 43, Streamlining Sales and Marketing with Mobile. ‘Cause, y’know, mobile and e-commerce are two great tastes…
- Another post you enjoyed was this one that asked “Is Google Destined to Win?”
- Episode 42 of Thinks Out Loud, Building Connections/Happy Anniversary, also made your list coming in at #7. And you have no idea how upset I am for missing the opportunity to make a “Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” reference during Episode 42.
- Another Travel Tuesday post made your list, this one examining why you need to Mind Your “P’s and Q’s”.
- Thinks contributor Megan Totka had two great posts this month. The first looked at Facebook Etiquette: 4 Social Media Marketing Mistakes to Avoid while the second asked “Does the Gmail Tabbed Inbox Impact Email Marketing?”
- And, rounding out your Top 10 is my look at Making the Most of Key Influencers in Social Media.
So, there you have it. As I said earlier, I’d write this stuff even if you didn’t read it.
But, I’m glad you do.
Interested in learning more about the future of marketing in a multiscreen world? Register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
And, if all that’s not enough, you might also enjoy some of our past coverage of the social, local, mobile web and what it means for your business, including:
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and the Changing Customer Journey
- What’s the Future of E-commerce? Look to the Past to Find Out
- How to Get In Your Customers’ Pants… Pocket
- Kiss Your Current Conversion Rate Goodbye (Travel Tuesday)
- What Watson, Xbox, and Google Are Telling You Right Now (Travel Tuesday)
- Thinks Out Loud Episode 28: Say “Hi” to Conversational Search