10 Must-See Marketing Posts from the Past Week: E-commerce Link Digest
Happy Friday, Big Thinkers. Hope you’ve had an amazing week and have a relaxing weekend ahead. To set yourself up for success next week, why not take a moment to check out these 10 must-see marketing posts from the past week. Enjoy:
- Sandy Carter over at Brand Quarterly has a great piece about social media dominance and the new social business.
- Janko Roettgers at Variety (!), says that a YouTube virtual reality app is coming to Daydream VR headsets. Thinks has been talking about VR a lot lately, such as this look at “VR, AI, and UX: 7 Posts Highlighting Top Trends for 2016,” as well as in a number of recent podcast episodes, including “A Quick Postcard from the Future of Digital” and “What the Future of Marketing Might Look Like.” Good stuff, all around.
- While we’re talking about technology and the future of marketing, you’ll definitely want to learn more about what Amazon’s Jeff Bezos can teach you about digital marketing.
- All this talk about technology and its influence on marketing is what led Donna Wells over on Chief Marketer to explain why CMO is the hardest job in tech. Excellent insights there.
- Shifting gears ever so slightly, eMarketer highlights the fact that media and entertainment marketers are ramping up digital efforts, which leads me to suggest that, when it comes to 2016’s top trends, you must make room for mobile video.
- Video, of course, represents an increasingly important role in your content strategy for many brands. To learn more about content marketing overall, you won’t want to miss this look at why content marketing matters and this post that proclaims that when it comes to content marketing, we’re all publishers now.
- Joshua Nite at TopRank has rounded up 7 infographics every digital marketer needs to see. And you really do want to see ’em.
- Ayaz Nanji from Marketing Profs shows how business leaders view digital marketing that offers valuable insights into how your boss probably thinks about what you’re doing.
- Dave Morgan over on MediaPost asks a critical question: why don’t most large advertisers treat marketing as a core competency? Brilliant question. Brilliant answers too.
- Finally, let’s round out this week’s round-up with your holiday reading list: the top 7 shared posts on Thinks and this set of 11 data-driven marketing insights to start your week off right.
If you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- 2016’s Top Trends: Make Room For Mobile Video
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest