Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Howdy, Big Thinkers! No setup this week. Just a quick list of 10 posts demonstrating digital disruption in practice for you. Enjoy:
- Let’s kick off this list of 10 posts demonstrating digital disruption with CMO.com’s look at “Digital Disruption: 5 Trends Driving Change.” Good read.
- We’ve also talked about how “Digital Drives Disruption” in our e-commerce and digital strategy podcast, Thinks Out Loud. Be sure to check it out.
- Sticking with that disruption topic, Business Insider says, “Here’s How WhatsApp Could Disrupt Healthcare.” Or, if you think about it, almost any other industry too.
- While we’re looking at industries under threat, in another Business Insider article, they ask “Are Malls Really Dying?” The answer is… it’s complicated. And well worth your time to understand why.
- On that topic, we took a look at “What the Future of Marketing Might Look Like” in a recent episode of Thinks Out Loud that you’ll definitely want to give some time to.
- The fine folks at Brand Quarterly take a good look at “Personalization In The Digital Age” that’s well worth your time.
- Information Age explains why “The Digital Economy Is Dependent on Data Sharing, Security and Trust” — and why that matters to your brand and business. Good stuff.
- Business2Community has a great look at “Key Strategies to Wow Your Customers with a Winning Customer Experience” that highlights the importance of customer experience for effectively connecting with customers.
- With that in mind, remember when dealing with experience on mobile, “Don’t Get Hung Up On Smartphones: Put Your Customer First.”
- And, finally, let’s wrap up this week’s list of 10 posts demonstrating digital disruption with this collection of “One Dozen Long-Weekend Digital Marketing Links You’ll Love” from our E-commerce Link Digest series.
If you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest