Want to drive more direct bookings to your hotel? Click here to learn more
Howdy, Big Thinkers! Hope you don’t mind if we skip any fancy setup this week and instead just offer up this list of 8 exceptional hospitality digital marketing posts as this week’s Hospitality Marketing Link Digest. Enjoy:
- Leonardo offered up some great tips for “How to Make a Great Hotel Video on a Shoestring Budget” that are really worthwhile.
- While we’re on the topic of video for hotels, I really can’t recommend enough Flip.to’s recent post, “Behind the Screen: Finding Our Voice in Video” that offers outstanding tips if you’re getting started with video.
- This round-up of “6 Quick Hotel Distribution and Digital Marketing Insights” from the Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series offers some great tips for improving your business next year.
- Tnooz revealed “A Few Stats on the State of Digital Travel Marketing” that you’ll want to check out. My personal favorite? That 65% of respondents in a recent poll now find social media as an effective tool for driving customer acquisition, which underscores the point I made when I asked, “Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?”
- On a somewhat related note, I was thrilled to speak with Duetto a few weeks back about “The Promise of Digital Marketing for Hotels” a few weeks back that’s especially worth reading as you head into budget season.
- Speaking of things you’ll want to know for budget season, HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Council rounded-up a great set of “8 Essentials Every GM Needs to Know About Digital Marketing Today.” Great stuff.
- Continuing the budget season theme, you’ll definitely want to check out this look at “OTA’s vs. Chain Brands: Expedia Comes Out Swinging” as you choose the channels you’ll use to drive revenue in the coming year.
- And, finally, let’s close out this week’s Hospitality Marketing Link Digest with this round-up of “10 Great Hotel Direct and OTA Distribution Posts” to keep the party rolling.
By the way, if you’re in the New York City area on September 13, Tim Peter of Tim Peter & Associates will be joining Cindy Estis Green of Kalibri Labs and Calvin Anderson of Duetto Research to discuss Using Your Own Data at HSMAI NYC’s September breakfast meeting. You can register here if you’re available to attend. You won’t want to miss this one.
If you’re looking for even more hospitality marketing goodness, you might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent seminar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?
- 5 Fantastic Insights Into 2016 Travel Marketing Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 6 Key Hotel E-commerce Tips: A Cheat Sheet to Drive Direct Business
- 5 Hospitality Marketing Trends You’ll Want to Keep in Mind: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- Expedia’s Accelerator Program: A Wolf in Wolf’s Clothing
- For Travel Marketers, Content is Still King
- Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016
- 8 Great Posts About 2016’s Top Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing
- How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?