Having a great weekend Big Thinkers? Well, how about making it even better with some of the best travel marketing insights from the past week? Without further ado, here’s this week’s list of 5 amazing travel marketing posts for you. Enjoy:
- Skift talks with four top hotel CEOs about how brand loyalty has changed. Outstanding insights from a great group of industry leaders.
- Loyalty depends at least in part from meeting—and exceeding—guest expectations throughout their experience with your property. I recently took a look at how the best hotels own the guest and offered tips on how you can do that too.
- Switching to search, Search Engine Land reports that Google city searches now include hotel booking info in its Knowledge Graph. This is a big sign that Google is getting deeper into the overall guest value chain and, candidly, I’m very curious about what this means for the future.
- Crazy stat out of ITB this past week, where Priceline CEO Darren Huston mentioned that Booking.com now conducts 100,000 mobile transactions a day. So, y’know, there might be something to this mobile thing for travel. To that end, you might also want to check out this post where Priceline CEO Darren Huston explains why driving brand value matters.
- Finally, we rounded up these 7 outstanding hospitality marketing insights, the top posts from February, for you to enjoy as well. Be sure to check out the whole list.
Looking for even more of the best hospitality marketing advice and insights? Then don’t miss “The 6 Best Travel Marketing Posts This Past Week,” these “6 Superb Hotel Marketing Insights,” and these “6 Totally Brilliant Travel Marketing Posts,” from our hospitality marketing link digests (part of the ongoing E-commerce Link Digest series).
If you want to learn even more about how customers changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
Plus, don’t miss these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might also want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your business, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- Should Marketers Really Trust Google in 2014?
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56