- Tnooz has an open letter addressed to “dear hoteliers,” suggesting six things you need to get right about Airbnb. Excellent.
- Speaking of Airbnb, Airbnb’s CTO and 3 tech CEOs discussed the digital platform economy at Davos. Always a good way to keep an eye on the competition and on how to keep your independent hotel safe from Airbnb (or your branded property too).
- Looking for more tips to sell your hotel more effectively, don’t forget that for travel marketers, content is still king.
- You might also want to review these 5 insightful travel marketing messages from the Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series.
- And, finally, you’ll really want to take a look at these 8 top-notch travel marketing posts from the past month: the top travel marketing posts of January, 2016 (plus December’s too).
OK, you’ve done your homework. Now go enjoy the game, alright?
If you’re looking to learn even more about how changing guest behavior shapes hospitality marketing, e-commerce, and distribution, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- “5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing”
- “How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?”
- “The Big Myth About Digital Strategy.”
- “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year”
- “Huge List of Lessons Learned at HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Strategy Conference”
- “Are Hotel Brands Doomed?”
- “Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016”