What’s this? A Monday edition of the E-commerce Link Digest series? Well, see, what had happened was that there were just too many good items last week, so I decided to split the post into two halves, one focused on content marketing and a second featuring this set of 7 posts explaining how to execute digital effectively. I didn’t think you’d mind. Now without any further ado, how about we lead you to the links? Enjoy:
- The folks over at Strategy-Business.com have put together an outstanding checklist of five steps to formalizing forward thinking in your organization. Really helpful.
- Forrester’s Julie Ask suggests you need to be valuable to consumers with a comprehensive app strategy, according to the team at Mobile Marketer. So, so true.
- Effective marketers will also want to stop chasing the next big thing in marketing and instead focus on creating seamless customer experiences.
- Direct Marketing News offers a great outline of what marketers should do differently in 2016 that you’ll want to review.
- We recently rounded-up an excellent list of 8 exceptional essays to improve your digital innovation that’s well-worth your time.
- Along those lines, you won’t want to miss this podcast episode from a couple weeks back that asked, “Trends for 2016: Is Execution the New Innovation?”
- And, finally, this collection of “20 Key Concepts for the Year Ahead: The Top Posts of 2015” offers tons of useful tips and tricks to help you execute more effectively in 2016.
If you’re interested in learning more about making the social, mobile web work for your customers, be sure to check out these “9 Tremendous Posts About 2016’s Top Digital Trends: E-commerce Link Digest”, this collection of “8 Digital Strategy Posts to Start Your Week Right,” this set of “10 Must-Read Posts About Mobile Commerce and Content Marketing” a fun collection of posts featuring “Google, Mobile, E-commerce. What More Could You Want?” and all the rest of the entries from our E-commerce Link Digest series.
And if you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).