Want to drive more direct bookings to your hotel? Click here to learn more
Hey, Big Thinkers! Hope you’re having a fantastic holiday weekend. When you start prepping for the beginning of the week, how about you take a few moments and review these 6 quick hotel distribution and digital marketing insights for this week’s Hospitality Marketing Link Digest. Enjoy:
- We collected this list of “10 Great Hotel Direct and OTA Distribution Posts” as part of the Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series a couple weeks ago that’s absolutely worth checking out as you prep for your 2017 planning.
- While we’re talking about distribution, Kiran Sunny over on HospitalityNet looked at “Distribution vs Profitability and The Future of Hotel Revenue Management.” Great read.
- Continuing the theme of distribution and (ideally) driving direct reservations, EyeForTravel reports that “IHG Puts Digital, Direct Bookings and Loyalty First” and offers some excellent insights on how to do the same for your property.
- Tnooz has a round-up of “A Few Stats on the State of Digital Travel Marketing” that you’ll want to review.
- Duetto interviewed our own Tim Peter on “The Promise of Digital Marketing for Hotels.” Great stuff, if we do say so.
- Finally, don’t miss these “5 Must-See Hotel Marketing Missives” also from the Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series to wrap up these 6 quick hotel distribution and digital marketing insights. Well worth your time.
By the way, if you’re in the New York City area on September 13, Tim Peter of Tim Peter & Associates will be joining Cindy Estis Green of Kalibri Labs and Calvin Anderson of Duetto Research to discuss Using Your Own Data at HSMAI NYC’s September breakfast meeting. You can register here if you’re available to attend. You won’t want to miss this one.
If you’re looking for even more hospitality marketing goodness, you might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent seminar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?
- 5 Fantastic Insights Into 2016 Travel Marketing Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 6 Key Hotel E-commerce Tips: A Cheat Sheet to Drive Direct Business
- 5 Hospitality Marketing Trends You’ll Want to Keep in Mind: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- Expedia’s Accelerator Program: A Wolf in Wolf’s Clothing
- For Travel Marketers, Content is Still King
- Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016
- 8 Great Posts About 2016’s Top Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing
- How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?