Whew, it’s been a busy week here at Thinks Central, not to mention all around the social, local, mobile marketing milieu. Just look at all the great stuff we’ve rounded up this week:
- Pinterest is one topic that’s cropping up all over the place. And Mashable’s got an interesting article about how the United States Army uses Pinterest to attract recurits. The Army’s efforts aren’t surprising given the Marines’ success with social media starting some four years ago!
- If you’re looking to put Pinterest to work for your business, don’t forget to check out our marketer’s quick guide to Pinterest and the Wall Street Journal’s 6 tips for getting the most out of Pinterest.
- Speaking of “quick guides” for social tools, Open Forum has a great little guide to Tumblr for business. I like Tumblr as a simple social blogging platform and am thrilled to see it getting more attention.
- Also, take a look at Search Engine Watch’s roundup of 6 successful brands on Google+ or USA Today’s profile of small business social success story Smashburger to illustrate the big results small businesses achieve with effective social, local and mobile marketing.
- Keeping that theme in mind, Open Forum offers some great Facebook marketing tips.
- And, finally, nothing will doom your social success faster than a failure to engage your team. Fortunately, Social Media Examiner walks you through 5 ways to get your company on board with social media.
That ought to hold you through this holiday weekend (or until Monday for our readers outside the States). Have a great one and don’t forget to subscribe to our email list for more social, local, mobile marketing goodness every day.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.
Technorati Tags: blogging, blogs, F-commerce, Facebook, Google, google, Google Plus, Google+, Google+ Pages, Pinterest, small business blogging, social, social commerce, social marketing, social media, social media predictions, Social Media Secrets, social search, social strategy, strategy, Tumblr