It’s going to be a cold, cold weekend ’round these parts, Big Thinkers. I dunno about you, but it seems like a good time to curl up in front of a warm fire with a nice glass of pinot and some fine reading material. Why not start with these 7 magical mobile marketing and e-commerce picks? On with the links:
- eMarketer notes that retailers shifted holiday mobile promo dollars while Mobile Marketer and Mobile Commerce Daily add context, saying location-based marketing is an overripe low-hanging fruit and that 96% of consumers will search for mobile coupons in 2015.
- Continuing this thread, Mobile Commerce Daily highlights 5 mobile commerce developments that mattered in 2014.
- Thinks offered proof that mobile drives purchases and asked “How Big Will E-commerce Be in 2015?” Spoiler alert: Really, really big.
- While on the topic of e-commerce generally, Business Insider offers a fascinating Look At How Apple And Google Can Cut Off Amazon. With competition heating up among these three AGFAM giants, expect to see more of this going forward.
- eMarketer also explains why unsophisticated attribution models hurt retargeting.
- In net neutrality news, (and, believe me, net neutrality is a topic you really want to pay attention to), Boy Genius Report details the Google Fiber vs. Comcast battle and says Google’s FCC filing is Comcast’s worst nightmare. Good for Google, because it’s good for you, too.
- Finally, it wouldn’t be a New Year without plenty of year-end recaps. The folks at GetElastic offer their Best of Get Elastic 2014, we summarized the best of our Thinks Out Loud podcast with 15 Key Mobile and E-commerce Trends to Prep You for 2015 – Thinks Out Loud Episode 104, and rounded-up these 14 Key Concepts for Next Year: The Top Posts of 2014 from the blog overall. Great stuff all around and well worth your time.
Want more? Check out these 5 Key E-commerce Ideas to Kick Off the New Year Right and 14+ Fantastic Reads for a Long Holiday Weekend
as well as the rest of our E-commerce Link Digest series here.
If you want to learn even more about how customers changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
And, finally, you might want to take a look at some of our past coverage of the e-commerce, mobile commerce, and digital marketing overall, including:
- Will E-commerce Kill Retail?
- How to Use Emotion and Storytelling in Digital Marketing
- The Shocking Truth About Millennials and Digital Media
- Want Proof that Mobile Drives Purchases?
- The Future of E-commerce and Mary Meeker’s 2014 Trends
- What Your Customers Expect from Mobile and E-commerce in 2014
- 7 Reasons E-commerce Growth Has Nowhere to Go But Up
- The Little-Known Factors Behind E-commerce Growth in 2015