Hey, Big Thinkers! We’re running a bit behind today, so let’s skip any fancy introduction and instead just get you to this great list of 7 special hospitality marketing posts from the past week. Enjoy:
- Skift reports that Expedia wants to power hotels’ direct-booking efforts. Anyone see that coming?
- Leonardo offers up 5 strategies to slash your marketing spend and ramp up revenue.
- Tnooz says that Airbnb has acquired a team of blockchain techies. This one gets a little more futuristic, but certainly highlights why I’m bullish on mobile payments and messaging.
- Along those same lines, another Skift post announces their new report that looks at how hotels are utilizing messaging as an operational strategy.
- Tnooz uncovers Expedia, millennials and the pattern recognition business. Speaking of millennials and patterns, be sure to check out these 5 key facts about mobile, millennials and hotel marketing.
- Duetto Research spoke with our own Tim Peter about the promise of digital marketing for hotels.
- And, finally, Snapshot interviewed Lennert De Jong from citizenM on Predictive Analytics for Hotels. Really good stuff.
If you’re looking to learn even more about how changing guest behavior shapes hospitality marketing, e-commerce, and distribution, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- “5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing”
- “How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?”
- “The Big Myth About Digital Strategy.”
- “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year”
- “Huge List of Lessons Learned at HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Strategy Conference”
- “Are Hotel Brands Doomed?”
- “Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016”