Howdy, Big Thinkers! Hope you’re enjoying a restful and productive weekend (is that a contradiction in terms? Let’s hope not). Before you head into next week, be sure to review this round-up of 8 excellent stories about hospitality digital marketing, part of the Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series. Enjoy:
- Duetto Research interviewed our own Tim Peter on the promise of digital marketing for hotels.
- Ryan Solutions offered up a powerful, visual case for email segmentation in hospitality marketing, which helps illustrate why hotel marketing depends on personalization.
- On a highly related note, this recent Travel Tuesday post argues personalization starts with a person.
- There’s tremendous value in watching what industry leaders talk about in public, which makes this Tnooz article, “Booking.com’s BookingSuite chief talks RateManager and hotel strategy” required reading. So is this look at CEO Darren Huston from Priceline explaining why driving brand value matters.
- Building on that, Skift wrote that a Priceline acquisition of TripAdvisor makes sense in a year of transition.
- WordStream put together a look at 4 travel marketing trends you need to act on. You’ll probably also enjoy this set of 8 outstanding lessons from the 2016 HSMAI Digital Marketing Strategy Conference.
- A recent Travel Tuesday post here on Thinks looked at Expedia’s Accelerator Program and found a wolf in wolf’s clothing. Be sure to read the whole post to see why.
- And, finally, you won’t want to miss these 6 travel marketing insights you need to see from last week.
If you’re looking to learn even more about how changing guest behavior shapes hospitality marketing, e-commerce, and distribution, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- “5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing”
- “How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?”
- “The Big Myth About Digital Strategy.”
- “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year”
- “Huge List of Lessons Learned at HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Strategy Conference”
- “Are Hotel Brands Doomed?”
- “Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016”