Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Howdy, Big Thinkers! Hope you’ve had an amazing week, filled with all sorts of greatness (traffic, revenue, a bit of laughter, love, and joy…) It’s been awesome around here (landed a couple of remarkable new clients, kicked off an incredibly fun project, shared a bit of laughter, love, and joy…) Clearly, we’re in a great mood. How about we put a bow on this extraordinary week by sharing this set of 8 exceptional insights into voice and AI and their effects on digital marketing. Maybe they’ll make a great week even better for you. Enjoy:
- Greg Zakowicz at Multichannel Merchant looked at the threat of disappearing brands in the age of voice assistants that’s well worth your time.
- Greg’s post makes an excellent complement to our look at the truth about voice as a powerful trend and whether voice, VR, AR, and AI represent hype or hope for marketers.
- In highly related news, our founder and president Tim Peter recently had a fantastic conversation with author, speaker, and digital strategist Mike Moran on content marketing, site search, and AI in an episode of Thinks Out Loud, our e-commerce and digital strategy podcast. Be sure to give it a listen when you get a moment.
- While we’re on the topic of AI, McKinsey put together a fantastic white paper ”Artificial Intelligence: The Next Digital Frontier?” [Heads-up, it’s a PDF link, not a regular webpage]
- Chris Abraham has an excellent piece over on Biznology that looks at how to embrace AI and robots as a PR and marketing professional that’s worth a look.
- Also on Biznology, Tim offers this warning that you’re ignoring your company’s best salesperson — and it just might be killing your business. Good stuff.
- Shifting gears, Bloomberg explains how Amazon became corporate America’s nightmare. Really fascinating insights into how digital changes customer expectations.
- Finally, we’ll wrap-up our look at |???| with two recent episodes of Thinks Out Loud. The first looks at marketing at the speed of digital while the second outlines 6 proven digital marketing trends.
Have a great weekend, everyone. We’ll catch you back here next week!
If you’re looking to learn even more about how changing customer behavior will shape your marketing going forward, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to check out these slides I had the pleasure of presenting recently about the key trends shaping marketing in the next year. Here are the slides for your reference:
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- 9 Posts Featuring Chatbots, AI and all the Hospitality Digital Marketing Trends of 2018: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest