Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Howdy, Big Thinkers! Hope you’ve had a terrific Thanksgiving holiday here in the States (and a great week no matter where you are). To help you get back in the groove and start your week off right, here are 8 must-see travel marketing posts from the past week for you. Enjoy:
- Tnooz talks to “Dara Khosrowshahi, Expedia’s CEO, About the Company’s Long-Term Strategy”. Definitely worth your time to check out.
- Speaking of Expedia, don’t forget that we’ve entered a new era of “OTA’s vs. Chain Brands: Expedia Comes Out Swinging.”
- It’s not all good news for Expedia, by the way. In an interview with Google Travel managing director Rob Torres, Ashley Stewart of the Puget Sound Business Journal highlights “What Google Travel Has That Expedia Doesn’t.”
- Skift builds on that concept, noting that “Google Making Gains in Hotel Advertising, Updates Website for Hoteliers.”
- Shifting gears to the content marketing side of the house, Hotel Marketing reports that “Booking.com Launches a New Content API” to make it easier for hotels to push their content to the travel booking giant — and maybe hold Google at bay a little longer.
- Skift recently rounded-up a great set of research for “Cracking the Travel Booking Code” — meaning improving your bookings — that you won’t want to miss.
- And, we’ve done something similar, with this set of “6 Key Mobile Posts for Hotel Marketers,” these “6 Significant Travel Marketing Posts You Might Have Missed,” and this collection of “5 Amazing Travel Marketing Insights from the Past Week” all from the Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series.
- Finally, let’s close out this list of 8 must-see travel marketing posts from the past week with this amazing video from Skift, “What We Can All Learn From The Modern Supertraveler,” that you can watch right here:
Hope you have a great week ahead, Big Thinkers!
If you’re looking for even more hospitality marketing goodness, you might also want to take a moment to review the slides from Tim’s recent seminar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?
- 5 Fantastic Insights Into 2016 Travel Marketing Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 6 Key Hotel E-commerce Tips: A Cheat Sheet to Drive Direct Business
- 5 Hospitality Marketing Trends You’ll Want to Keep in Mind: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- Expedia’s Accelerator Program: A Wolf in Wolf’s Clothing
- For Travel Marketers, Content is Still King
- Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016
- 8 Great Posts About 2016’s Top Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing
- How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?