¡Hola, Big Thinkers! OK, so as it happens, I’m in Austria this week (not Spain, as the opening of this would have you believe). But, y’know, I’m still feeling fairly continental—and don’t really know how to say “Hi” in German. But since it’s early in February, it seems like it’s time to round-up the most popular travel marketing posts here on Thinks from the past month. So without further ado, take a moment to check out these 8 top-notch travel marketing posts from the past month: the top travel marketing posts of January, 2016 (plus December’s too). Enjoy:
- Leading off, we’ve got this collection of “5 Fantastic Insights Into 2016 Travel Marketing Trends” from our Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series. Don’t miss it.
- Possibly my favorite post from the past month—to say nothing of how your fellow Big Thinkers liked it—was this past post that explained how “For Travel Marketers, Content is Still King.” Don’t miss it.
- Another post you all loved was this round-up of these “16 Key Insights: The Top Travel Marketing Posts of 2015.” Seriously good stuff.
- Y’all must love the Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series, which would explain why we’ve got two in the top four, including these “6 Travel Marketing Must-Reads to Kick Off the Year.” Nice.
- Even though it only went live a few days before the end of the month, this look at “How Google, Uber, and Foursquare Plan to Revolutionize Travel” immediately shot into the top five for the past month. Pretty cool, eh?
- Finally, we’ll round out this month’s list with a pair of Hospitality Marketing Link Digest posts. The first collects “5 Fantastic Travel Marketing Posts from the Past Week” while the second offers “5 Insightful Travel Marketing Messages.” Glad you loved the whole list.
What? You thought we were done? Oh, I don’t think so. See, what happens every year is that once I present the top travel marketing posts of the past year, the best of December gets lost in the shuffle. But not this time. So in addition to the top posts from January, check out the best travel marketing posts from December, 2015. And, as ever, enjoy:
The Top Travel Marketing Post of December, 2015
- Oh. My. God. Not only was this post that asked, “Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?” among the top travel marketing posts of December, 2015, but it just barely missed out on the top posts of the year. Check it out for yourself to see why.
- Another hugely popular post was this look at “Content Marketing For Hotels: 2016’s Must-Watch Trend.” Good stuff.
- Another Hospitality Marketing Link Digest entry is up next, this one a collection of “8 Great Posts About 2016’s Top Trends.” Cool.
- This group of “7 Travel Trend Insights: The Top Travel Marketing Posts from November, 2015” made it into the top posts from December, 2015.
- And finally, this group of “8 Excellent E-commerce Insights to Round out the Year” and these “5 Fantastic Hotel Marketing Trends” from the Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series close out this recap of the top posts from December, 2015.
If you’re looking to learn even more about how changing guest behavior shapes hospitality marketing, e-commerce, and distribution, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- “5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing”
- “How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?”
- “The Big Myth About Digital Strategy.”
- “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year”
- “Huge List of Lessons Learned at HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Strategy Conference”
- “Are Hotel Brands Doomed?”
- “Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016”