Welcome to February, Big Thinkers. And you know what that means: time to round up: the very best of the past months here on Thinks for the past month. So without further ado, I give you these 8 excellent digital delights: the top posts of January, 2016 (with bonus insights). Enjoy:
- By far the biggest post of the past month was our year-end recap of “20 Key Concepts for the Year Ahead: The Top Posts of 2015.” It’s a hugely popular post each year and, if I do say so, does a nice job of collecting the key insights your fellow Big Thinkers found most useful over the preceding 12 months. Check it out to see what made this year’s list.
- Although we only published this next post, “Content is Still the King,” with a few days to go in the month, it rocketed to the top of the list. Which, when you think about the important role content marketing plays in driving your business success, makes a ton of sense, really.
- These “8 Exceptional Essays to Improve Your Digital Innovation” from the ongoing E-commerce Link Digest series also gained a lot of ground in just a week. Really good round-up, really. Glad you all enjoyed it.
- You all loved this episode of Thinks Out Loud, our weekly e-commerce and digital strategy podcast, that looked at “Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016.” And, frankly, I’m glad you did. Give it a listen again to see why for yourself.
- Another E-commerce Link Digest enters the list at #5, this one a cool collection of “9 Tremendous Posts About 2016’s Top Digital Trends.” Tremendous, indeed.
- You chose another Thinks Out Loud episode next, which examined “The State of E-commerce in 2016.” Good stuff.
- And yet another episode of Thinks Out Loud, “4 Necessary New Year’s Resolutions for Digital Marketing Success” cruises into the #7 position in this month’s list.
- Although it’s a little off-topic from what we normally talk about around here, this post that reflected on David Bowie’s passing and the meaning of “Authenticity” really seemed to resonate with your fellow Big Thinkers and closes out this month’s round-up of the top posts of January, 2016.
But, wait. We’re not done yet. See, when I collect the top posts from the prior year each January, I usually skip providing a month-end recap for December. So, as a bonus for you here are…
The Top Posts from December, 2015… too
- First, these “10 Must-Read Posts About Mobile Commerce and Content Marketing” from the E-commerce Link Digest series lead us off in style.
- Next, this look at “Trends for 2016: Is Execution the New Innovation?” from our Thinks Out Loud podcast provides a nice complement to the list.
- Another big trends post that proved popular among your friends here at Thinks was “2016’s Top Trends: Make Room For Mobile Video.”
- Many folks seemed to enjoy this Thinks Out Loud episode that examined “Three Trends to Watch in 2016” in detail.
- And, finally, we’ll close with “A Big Round-Up of Marketing Posts Featuring 2016’s Top Trends” from the E-commerce Link Digest series. Give it a look when you get a moment
And there you have it Big Thinkers. The top posts of January, 2016 (and bonus insights from December, 2015) to keep you tuned into what matters to your friends here at Thinks. Miss anything? Feel free to subscribe via email or RSS so you won’t going forward.
And if you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).