Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Hey, Big Thinkers! Don’t want to take too much time setting things up today, so instead let’s get right to this list of 9 nifty e-commerce and digital strategy notes for the New Year. Enjoy:
- Leading off, Fortune reports that this was a “Record-Setting Holiday for Retail: Online Sales Surge to $91.7 Billion,” which, y’know, is a lot.
- While we’re talking about e-commerce — though, to be fair, that’s kind of our thing around here — we went ahead and rounded-up this collection of “13 Key Insights About Mobile Commerce, Payments, and Content Marketing” as part of the ongoing E-commerce Link Digest series.
- On the content marketing front — see what I did there? — Brand Quarterly explains that “Content Is King… As Long As The Kingdom Is Interested!”
- So, speaking of content, check out “Trends for 2017: What Your Content Marketing Strategy Looks Like” from Thinks Out Loud, our weekly e-commerce and digital strategy podcast.
- Business Insider put together a list of “The Best and Worst Social Networks, According to a College Student” that’s really cool.
- Our own Tim Peter has a post over at Biznology that lists a great set of “New Year’s Resolutions for Digital Marketers” you’ll definitely want to check out.
- And while we’re on that topic, you’ll also want to check out this post that asks, and answers, “How Can You Succeed at Digital Marketing Next Year? 17 Great Posts Offer Answers.”
- You also won’t want to miss another episode of Thinks Out Loud that looks at “3 Trends Driving Your 2017 Digital Strategy.”
- And, finally, be sure to check out these “8 Digital Marketing Insights to Kick-Off 2017 the Right Way,” also from the the E-commerce Link Digest series. It seems like a great way to round out the week, and this list of 9 nifty e-commerce and digital strategy notes for the New Year too, don’t you think?
If you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest