Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Howdy, Big Thinkers! Hope you’ve had a delightful weekend. Let’s close out the weekend with a great set of 9 popular hotel marketing and distribution posts for you. Enjoy:
- Although it’s from a few months back, this list of 6 Quick Hotel Distribution and Digital Marketing Insights from the Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series seems like a good way to kick things off.
- Why kick off that way? Well, according to Skift, “Hilton’s CEO Looks to Airbnb as Hedge Against Power of Expedia and Booking.com,” which just illustrates how much change the entire hotel distribution and marketing landscape is going through right now.
- For even more evidence, Tnooz says that “Airbnb Wants to Reinvent Every Aspect of Travel.” And that evidence suggests that Airbnb might just succeed.
- Of course, it’s also fair to ask now, “What Business Is Airbnb In? Hotels? Or Hospitality?” Worth a read.
- Shifting gears, Travelution says that “Hotels Must Get Social Media Savvy to Tap Into Younger Customers.” That’s true. But age isn’t the only factor that matters there.
- If you’re unsure how to start, We Are Social UK explains “How Travel Brands Can Benefit from Social, AI and Chatbots” for you.
- And if you’re unsure why you should start, I asked “Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?” not too long ago. The answer, of course, is “no.” But check out the whole post for the details.
- Speaking of social, this list of “7 Sensational Posts for Hospitality Marketers” has been burning up Twitter for the last week or so. Take a look to see why for yourself.
- Finally, to wrap up this week’s list of 9 popular hotel marketing and distribution posts for you in a nice little package, don’t miss this post that looks at “Hospitality Digital Marketing and Distribution: Is it Time to Give Up?”
If you’re looking for even more hospitality marketing goodness, you might also want to take a moment to review the slides from Tim’s recent seminar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?
- 5 Fantastic Insights Into 2016 Travel Marketing Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 6 Key Hotel E-commerce Tips: A Cheat Sheet to Drive Direct Business
- 5 Hospitality Marketing Trends You’ll Want to Keep in Mind: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- Expedia’s Accelerator Program: A Wolf in Wolf’s Clothing
- For Travel Marketers, Content is Still King
- Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016
- 8 Great Posts About 2016’s Top Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing
- How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?