Getting customers to care about your business often depends upon the quality of your content. And I know of few better ways to build a committed community of customers than with a great blog. In fact, my guide on how to build your small business blog remains one of the most popular parts of this site.
But what if you want more? What if you’re ready to move past the basics? Over the coming weeks, I’m going to look at building a better blog in more detail. But to get you started, check out these 7 tips for improving your content—and improving your marketing:
- Leading off, HubSpot shows 11 ways to use content to build your authority online.
- Writing can be hard. Thankfully, ProBlogger suggests 10 David Ogilvy quotes to inspire your blogging.
- OpenForum has a great piece on 5 simple ways to get more traffic to your website. Spoiler alert: great content factors into heavily in the mix.
- Mashable offers 5 steps for creating “magnetic” content.
- CopyBlogger looks into the 2nd most important element in your writing.
- Getting people to read your content is only half the battle. Which is why I love this ProBlogger piece on what motivates readers to share.
- And, finally, Social Media Examiner has a terrific video that explains how to use content marketing to increase your sales.
Enjoy the list, Big Thinkers. And look forward to more in the coming days.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.