Social, Local, Mobile Links: The Delayed Flight Edition (Small Business Link Digest – June 24, 2011)
OK. I got in extremely last night (read: this morning) due to really crappy airline service bad weather. No. Really. Anyway, rather than have all kinds of fancy, schmancy setup, today we’re just going to jump right to the links.
- Mitch Joel offers great advice about marketing is not technology. As a self-proclaimed geek marketer who loves the tech, I can also say that Mitch is 100% right here.
- Christopher Penn looks at how social media now influences search rankings. (Our past coverage on social search here).
- Given the importance of social on search, it’s worth your time to check out GigaOm’s look at how to excel in a social media world.
- And, finally, given how tightly integrated social, search and local have become (mostly thanks to mobile devices), take a look at David Mihm’s extraordinary local search ranking factors. Great stuff as always, David.
Hope you all have a great weekend. And, who knows, maybe we’ll run into one another on a delayed flight one of these days.
Interested in learning more about the future of marketing and commerce in a multiscreen world? Register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
And, if all that’s not enough, you might also enjoy some of our past coverage of the social, local, mobile strategy and what it means for your business, including:
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and the Changing Customer Journey
- What’s the Future of E-commerce? Look to the Past to Find Out
- How to Get In Your Customers’ Pants… Pocket
- Kiss Your Current Conversion Rate Goodbye (Travel Tuesday)
- What Watson, Xbox, and Google Are Telling You Right Now (Travel Tuesday)
- Thinks Out Loud Episode 28: Say “Hi” to Conversational Search
This Post Has 0 Comments