Curious about the top 10 posts from June? Thought you might be. Without further ado, here’s what we’ve got:
- Your favorite post this past month was this Travel Tuesday entry, “What in the World are Priceline and TripAdvisor Up To?”
- Coming in at a very close second was this look at search engine marketing, which explained “What Google Won’t Tell You About Search Engine Marketing.”
- You all really enjoyed another Travel Tuesday post, “Warning: OTA’s Want to Own Your Guest Every Step of the Way.”
- My weekly podcast, Thinks Out Loud, covers all manner of e-commerce and digital marketing strategy questions. Episode 76, “Why Mobile Commerce Will Be Even Bigger Than You Think,” was your fourth most popular post in June.
- “Wickedly Effective Laws for E-commerce Websites,” a look at best practices for e-commerce websites was the next most popular item last month.
- Another podcast episode, ‘What Does “It’s All E-commerce” Really Mean?’ comes in at #6.
- Your next top item comes from the Travel Tuesday series, and uncovers “The Little-Known Factor That Will Kill Your Hotel Marketing.”
- The 75th episode of Thinks Out Loud must have been a good one, because this look at “What’s Wrong With Mobile and E-commerce Best Practices?” was your 8th favorite topic this past month.
- Another Travel Tuesday post comes in at #9, “Industry Leaders Show Why Guests’ Changing Behaviors Matter.”
- Finally, this look at “How to Reach Top Decision Makers in 5 Minutes” closes out your top 10 favorite e-commerce and digital marketing posts for June.
You also might want to check out last month’s round-up, “10 Things You’ve Got to Know Now: The Top 10 Digital Marketing and E-commerce Posts in May.” As ever, I reserve the main spots for original content, so it’s not included in the main list despite its popularity, (it actually represented the fourth most popular post overall). And you might want to check out April’s list, too, if you have a moment.
Interested in learning even more about the future of e-commerce and marketing via the social, local, mobile web? Register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
Given the popularity of the Travel Tuesday series, you may also want to review the tips in my recent presentation Digital Marketing Directions: Three Trends Shaping 2014 Hospitality Internet Marketing. Again, it was built for a travel audience, but its lessons apply across industries. The full deck is here:
(And, yes… you can hire me to keynote your next event, too).
Finally, you might also enjoy some of our past coverage of the social, local, mobile web and what it means for your business, including:
- What Your Customers Expect from Mobile and E-commerce in 2014
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- Should Marketers Really Trust Google in 2014?
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56