Happy August, Big Thinkers! Can you believe we’ve gotten here already? Yeah, me neither.
Still, the beginning of the month is a great time to review where you are and where you’re heading, both this month and for the rest of the year. It’s also a great time to review your 10 favorite posts from July. Enjoy the list:
- Undoubtedly, my annual ranking of top bloggers, “The 2013 Marketing and E-commerce All-Stars: The 9 Best E-commerce and Online Marketing Blogs,” was the most popular piece last month. And its follow-up piece, 5 Top Tips from Thinks E-commerce and Marketing All-Stars, also ranked among the top posts last month.
- Guest blogger Susan Payton racked up a big winner with her post “The Benefits of Free.”
- It’s no secret I do a fair bit of consulting in the travel industry. Which explains the popularity of my Travel Tuesday series. Early in the month, this post, “Where Google, Facebook, and Expedia Want to Take Your Guests,” seemed very popular.
- Speaking of popular series, my marketing podcast Thinks Out Loud continues to to do well. You all seemed to enjoy our 34th episode, “The State of Digital Marketing.”
- Of course, technology represents a key component in digital marketing. Or does it? That’s the question posed in August’s #5 post, “Does Digital Marketing Depend on Technology?”
- My mid-year review, “The Best of Thinks (So Far), Summer 2013 Edition,” drew plenty of attention.
- Another big winner looked at the meaning of über-statistician Nate Silver’s move to ESPN from the New York Times. Check out “Brands Matter Reason #183: Nate Silver and the New York Times” to see why.
- Another Travel Tuesday post cracks the top 10, with “3 Reasons Mobile Travel is on the Rise” at #8.
- Oh, speaking of my Travel Tuesday series, another post makes the list. Take a look at “How to Take Charge of Your Distribution Strategy” to see why.
- Finally, closing out the list, Thinks Out Loud Episode 35 “The Best Marketing Advice I Ever Got” drew tremendous attention. Give it a listen when you get a minute and see if it applies to your business, too (spoiler alert: I suspect it will).
So, there you have it, folks. This month’s list covers a wide range of marketing topics, designed to help you grow your business and your brand. Check them out when you get a chance and see why your fellow Big Thinkers ranked these among their favorites. Maybe one of them will make your list too.
Interested in learning more about the future of marketing in a multiscreen world? Register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
And, if all that’s not enough, you might also enjoy some of our past coverage of the social, local, mobile web and what it means for your business, including:
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and the Changing Customer Journey
- What’s the Future of E-commerce? Look to the Past to Find Out
- How to Get In Your Customers’ Pants… Pocket
- Kiss Your Current Conversion Rate Goodbye (Travel Tuesday)
- What Watson, Xbox, and Google Are Telling You Right Now (Travel Tuesday)
- Thinks Out Loud Episode 28: Say “Hi” to Conversational Search