ZOMG, Big Thinkers! It’s gorgeous outside! No, seriously. I don’t know about where you are, but here in the Northeast, we’re enjoying some of the most beautiful weather of the year. So, do me a favor: Go outside. Soak up a little sun and fun with your friends and family. And once you’ve done that, then c’mon back and check out these 9 must-read mobile strategy posts. Enjoy:
- First off, you simply cannot miss this astute analysis from Benedict Evans on why the smartphone is the new sun. Thought-provoking read. Providing just one example of what Benedict is getting at, Mobile Commerce Daily explains how mobile payments will help us become more mobile. I’ve often said we’re still in the early days of digital transformation. These posts help underscore why.
- Along those same lines, Brian Solis offers up a great presentation on SlideShare about “The Inevitability of a Mobile-Only Customer Experience” that’s well-worth checking out.
- And as yet more evidence of where we’re heading, Marketing Charts points out that mobile is now more than three-quarters of Facebook’s ad revenues. Yep.
- Skift, a regular contributor to our Hospitality Marketing Link Digests, makes the Friday list with these 8 charts that show the state of mobile video around the world.
- BuzzFeed New reports that Target is rolling out a new pilot program to track customers in stores.
- Despite all these changes — or maybe because of them — you really want to check out Andrew Schulkind’s recent Biznology webinar, “Why Your Website Matters and How to Make It Matter More” that I helped host. Great stuff.
- Mike Moran highlights the content marketing book you should not miss in his review of Mark Schaefer’s “The Content Code: Six essential strategies to ignite your content, your marketing, and your business.”
I completely agree with Mike; you simply should not miss this book.
- Continuing this week’s theme, I rounded-up the 7 key digital marketing trends this summer, the top posts of July, for you.
- And given the massive disruption enabled by digital generally, and mobile specifically, it’s entirely fair to ask, “Is Your Business Screwed?” which is just what I did in a recent episode of Thinks Out Loud, our weekly e-commerce and digital marketing podcast. Definitely worth checking out.
If you’re interested in learning more, make sure to check out these “6 Major Stories About Millennials and Mobile Commerce” these “9 Marvelous Mobile Marketing and E-Commerce Columns: The Top Posts of May” and other entries from our E-commerce Link Digest series, including these “8 Amazing E-Commerce Posts Winning this Week”, these “10 Damn-Good Digital Marketing Posts,” another “10 Spectacular Mobile Marketing and E-Commerce Essays”, and this set of “6 Major Stories About Millennials and Mobile Commerce” too.
And if you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
And, finally, you might want to take a look at some of our past coverage of the e-commerce, mobile commerce, and digital marketing overall, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56