Um… have you checked your calendar lately? Somehow, we’ve made it halfway through 2015. That happened quickly, didn’t it? Before we head into the back half of the year, how about we take a moment to review the top 15 digital marketing and e-commerce posts of 2015 (so far) and get ready for the rest of the best year ever? Enjoy:
- Leading off is the biggest post of the year, by far (so far), “The Big Lie About Mobile Commerce Everyone’s Telling Right Now.” Great read. Well worth your time.
- These “5 Key E-commerce Ideas to Kick Off the New Year Right” from our regular E-commerce Link Digest series kicks off an impressive run for the Link Digest series — 3 of the top 5, and 4 of the top 15 overall.
- Given that I just mentioned the popularity of the Link Digest series, these “8 Amazing Social, Mobile, Millennial Marketing and E-Commerce Posts” shouldn’t come as a surprise here at #3.
- These “8 Must-Read Posts Connecting Content, Search and Mobile Commerce” — again, from the E-commerce Link Digest series — offers terrific insights here at #4.
- Rounding out the first five is this post, “Mobile Will Disrupt Your Industry: 3 Ways to Protect Your Business.” Definitely worth a read.
- Another Link Digest entry, this one a collection of “10 Must-Read E-Commerce, Search, and Mobile Posts” kicks off the next set of five posts here in the Top 15 of 2015 (so far, anyway).
- A really important post from very early in the year asks, “How Big Will E-commerce Be in 2015?” As you probably guessed: Big. But read the whole post all the same.
- Another key question enters the list here at #8 and asks, “Are You Still Making This Major Email Marketing Mistake?” Curious what that mistake is? Check out the post to find out.
- Want to hear a secret? Be sure to check out “The Big Secret About E-commerce” for yourself.
- Payments — especially mobile payments — play a huge role in the future of e-commerce. This post, “What’s Up With Google’s Latest Mobile Wallet Move?” (along with companion pieces, “What Amazon’s Mobile Wallet Failure Can Teach You” and “Google’s Mobile Buy Button: Should You Buy In?”) help illustrate the reasons you need to pay attention to this important topic.
- Our weekly e-commerce and digital strategy podcast, Thinks Out Loud, examines a wide array of topics. Episode 116, for instance, looked at “Why Millennials Matter” and is definitely worth a listen.
- OK, we’re in the home stretch now, with just five more posts to go. So you won’t want to miss this post that explores “Why Mobile Changes Everything—and Nothing At All.” Great stuff
- Building on that theme, a post from earlier this year says, “We’ve Reached Another Mobile and Millennial Milestone” and, more importantly, explains what that milestone means to your business.
- This post, which breaks down “The Coming Massive Mobile Disruption,” rounds-out the mini-run of mobile commerce focused entries.
- And, last — but by no means least — comes another Thinks Out Loud episode. This one asks, “Is Customer Experience the Future of E-commerce?” Spoiler alert: Yes. But the devil is in the details, so be sure to check out the whole episode, as well as all our past episodes of Thinks Out Loud too.
As ever, folks, thanks for reading. I really appreciate it. While you’re catching up on these past posts, you might also enjoy these 4 Keys to Executing On Digital and this presentation on Putting Digital to Work: 4 Key Actions to Drive Digital Transformation. Don’t forget that you can sign up for our free newsletter to stay in touch with the latest e-commerce and digital strategy information and insights every day.
And if you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might want to take a look at some of our past coverage of the e-commerce, mobile commerce, and digital marketing overall, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56