Well, another month’s gone, which means we’ve got another round-up of the top travel marketing posts for the month ahead. Or, more accurately, right here. Let’s get straight to the list:
- By far the most popular post this past month asked, “What Are Google’s Plans for Hotel Distribution?” Google’s making a ton of moves in the hospitality space, and has gone from being a significant component of your travel marketing approach to a major industry player in the last couple of years. Stay tuned for what’s coming next.
- The Hospitality Marketing Link Digest has proved really popular. This look at “Rising Mobile Bookings, Big Data, and More” cruises into the #3 spot on the list this month. I wasn’t sure if this series was going to fly. Silly me. Want more proof? Then check out…
- This round-up of “8 Awesome Hotel Marketing Posts,” which is followed immediately by…
- Yet another Hospitality Marketing Link Digest, this one collecting “5 Exceptional Hospitality Marketing Posts” from around the web. Technically, this one launched in late August, but given that it was a holiday weekend, we’re letting it sneak in.
- One of the key trends worth watching in 2015 is the rise of Millennials as a meaningful travel market. Some travel marketers argue that the trend is more hype and hope then actually helpful. I take a deep look at the subject in this post, “Are Millennials Buying Travel?” (Spoiler alert: Yes. But it’s a little complicated). Check out the whole post to see why.
- The final Hospitality Marketing Link Digest of the month sneaks into this month’s list, with a look at why “Hotel Distribution is Heating Up.” Good stuff.
- And, finally, you all know the importance of mobile in your hospitality marketing, right? Well, there’s more to come. One of my recent posts explains why “Mobile Marketing Matters for Hotels in 2015,” and will help you set up your marketing strategy the right way for next year.
Of course, there’s always more great content where this list came from. For instance, you might want to check out last month’s list, which featured “6 Crucial Hotel Marketing Posts for August.” And, In case you missed it, FitSmall Business interviewed a group of hospitality experts about how to market a hotel. I was thrilled to be asked to participate.
And if you want to learn even more about the future of hospitality e-commerce and marketing via the social, local, mobile web, register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” Developed specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons can help your business adapt to the changing guest environment. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You may also want to review the tips in my recent presentation Digital Marketing Directions: Three Trends Shaping 2014 Hospitality Internet Marketing. I’ve presented this talk to a number of hospitality and travel-related organizations and you might find it valuable for your business, too:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might also enjoy some of our past coverage of the social, local, mobile web and what it means for your business, including:
- Holy Crap! Mobile’s Even Bigger Than You Thought
- How to Use Emotion and Storytelling in Digital Marketing
- 4 Lessons You Need to Know from Google’s Affluent Traveler Report
- What’s the State of Hotel Reputation Management?
- 10 Essential Lessons Learned From HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Strategy Conference
- What in the World are Priceline and TripAdvisor Up To?
- It’s Time You Take Mobile Seriously. Here’s Why
- What Expedia’s Leaders Can Teach You About Digital Strategy
- The 4 Rules of Social Marketing for Hotel Marketers