It’s time once again, Big Thinkers, to round up the top posts from the past month and see what you all read and reviewed, liked and linked, Tweeted and, um… well, that you shared, anyway. Without further ado, here are the 10 exceptional marketing and e-commerce essays: the top posts from November. Enjoy:
- OK, I don’t normally do this. But given that two posts from late October, which asked “Will E-commerce Kill Retail?” and highlighted “The Little-Known Factors Behind E-commerce Growth in 2015” ran away with the traffic this month, it seemed disingenuous not to include them. The “Little Known Factors” post had 50% more traffic in November than the #2 item on this list and “Will E-commerce Kill Retail?” had more than 3 times as many views as “Little Known Factors.” So, there you go.
- The top post actually from November was Episode 99 of Thinks Out Loud, our weekly marketing and e-commerce podcast, which uncovered key facts about “Mobile, Millennials and More: E-commerce Trends 2015.” And, don’t let the top item on this list fool you. Episode 99 got a ton of traffic, too. Well worth a listen when you get a chance.
- Next up, I asked (and answered), “Is Your Industry Immune to E-commerce Disruption? Um… No.” Very popular topic all month long.
- An installment in the E-commerce Link Digest series called “6 Excellent Marketing Posts for a Chilly November Weekend” entered this past month’s list at #4. And, as the title says, it really is a great collection of 6 excellent marketing posts. Check it out.
- Yet another E-commerce Link Digest comes in at #5, this one a group of “9 Mobile Marketing and E-commerce Must-Reads for This Week.” Good stuff.
- MediaShower interviewed me a few weeks back about “Search, Mobile, and Responsive Design.” The full interview is worth a read and it locks down the #6 slot this month.
- Another episode of Thinks Out Loud, “The Biggest Trends Driving E-commerce: Thinks Out Loud Episode 98,” examines a number of trends you’ll want to watch in 2015. Be sure to give it a listen (and subscribe to the whole series), when you have a moment.
- Episode 97 of Thinks Out Loud comes in strong at #8. This episode asks, “Is E-commerce Innovation Over?” Spoiler: No. But only if you do the right things to keep it that way. Be sure to check out the whole episode to find out what those right things are.
- Yet another E-commerce Link Digest, “9 Outstanding Marketing Posts to Warm Up Your Weekend,” was the 9th most popular post this past month.
- And, finally, the 100th episode of Thinks Out Loud rounds out this month’s list of the top posts. This episode took a long look at “What Google Fears.” The answer just might surprise you.
I know, I know. You still want more, don’t you? Well, be sure to check out collections of prior months’ top posts like “9 Must-Read Marketing and E-commerce Gems: The Top Posts from October” and “8 Crucial Marketing and E-commerce Posts: The Top Posts from September”, individual posts like “The Demographic Realities Driving Mobile Commerce,” or further entries from the E-commerce Link Digest series such as “8 Scary Good Reads: E-commerce Link Digest” and “13 Thrilling Thanksgiving Weekend Thinks Posts: E-commerce Link Digest.” They’re all worth your time and will help you improve your overall e-commerce and digital marketing results next year.
And if you want to learn even more about how customers changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
Plus, don’t miss these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might also want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your business, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- Should Marketers Really Trust Google in 2014?
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56