Just got back from New Orleans last night Big Thinkers, so I hope you won’t mind if we skip the setup and just jump straight into these 11 exceptional e-commerce posts from the past week that we’ve pulled together for you. Enjoy:
- Leading off, ComputerWorld reports that “Google revs its A.I. engines.” We also put together this collection featuring “VR, AI, and UX: 7 Posts Highlighting Top Trends for 2016” that you’ll definitely want to check out.
- We’ve got a ton of great content marketing tips for you this week, Big Thinkers. For starters, CMO.com offers “These 5 Charts That Show The State Of Content Marketing Today,” while eMarketer has data that shows “Social Media Engagement, Content Marketing Prove Key in Canada.” Somehow I suspect that ain’t just true in Canada.
- Marketing Profs provides this look at “B2B vs. B2C Content Marketing: Stuff You Need to Know” that’s really cool. And Marketing Charts unveils data that says “B2B Content Marketers See Bigger Role Coming For Social and Video.” Pretty useful stuff.
- We recently rounded-up these “11 Data-Driven Marketing Insights” and “9 Must-Read Personalization Insights to Start Your Week Off Right” that you won’t want to miss.
- Of course, you need quality data to make both your personalization and overall data-driven marketing efforts work. CMO.com spoke with Naomi Le Get who says, “Accuracy is Needed For Data-Driven Marketing To Work,” while a study outlined by Marketing Charts shows that “2 in 3 US Execs Say Inaccurate Data Harms Customer Trust.” Sounds about right to me.
- Business2Community wrote “Here’s What Mary Meeker’s Annual Report On Internet Trends Means For The E-commerce Industry” while we got more granular and looked at “What Mary Meeker’s 2016 Internet Trends Report Really Means for Your Business” in an episode of our Thinks Out Loud e-commerce and digital strategy podcast the other day.
- Speaking of e-commerce, Marketing Charts put together this data, “Consumers Rank Their Most Important Features of A Great E-Commerce Site,” that you’ll want to review.
- eMarketer recently took a look at “How to Make Multichannel Marketing Work”
- Forbes answered a fairly important question the other day when they asked “Does Your Business Really Need A Mobile App?” Short answer: “No.”
- A post from here on Thinks collected “10 Must-See Marketing Posts from the Past Week” and these “13 Near-Perfect Posts Featuring Future Marketing Trends” for you.
- And finally, we’ll round out this set of 11 exceptional e-commerce posts from the past week for you with a survey from Marketing Charts that asked, “As Marketing Complexity Rises, Where Are Marketers’ Biggest Digital Gaps?” As it happens, I took a shot at answering that question this past week on Thinks Out Loud with “How to Keep Up With Technology as a Marketer: The Quick and Dirty Guide.” Great stuff all around.
If you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- 2016’s Top Trends: Make Room For Mobile Video
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest