Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Hey, Big Thinkers! Hope you’re looking forward to a relaxing and enjoyable summer weekend. As you get ready for your adventures over the next few days, spare a moment to review these 11 outstanding insights into the future of digital from this week’s E-commerce Link Digest. You’ll be glad you did. Enjoy:
- You’ve heard me explain before “Why I’m Bullish on Mobile Payments and Messaging.” Well, to underscore that point, CNet reports that “Walmart expands mobile wallet service Walmart Pay to 15 more states” and Hotel Marketing “OpenTable Now Lets LA Diners Put It on Their Tab.” I think I’m going to remain bullish on this trend. How about you?
- In case you missed it, you’ll definitely want to check out “A Quick Postcard from the Future of Digital” from a recent Thinks Out Loud podcast episode.
- CMO.com explained why “Digital Transformation Is A Mindset, Not A Project” in their CMO’s Notebook series (I recently touched on that topic too).
- To help you achieve that digital mindset, PSFK offered up “A Roadmap For Navigating The Disruption Economy” and Brand Quarterly put together this list of “Seven Steps To Accelerate Digital Marketing Transformation” that you’ll definitely want to see.
- One key component of every digital transformation remains the need to put your customer front and center, which is what makes it so valuable that Marketing Charts asked, “What Does It Take to Get the Customer Experience Right?”
- While we’re on the topic of customer-centricity, American Express recently stated that “Retailers need to get out of customers’ way on mobile.” So true. Or to put it another way, it’s not “mobile first;” it’s “customer first.”
- And before we close out this theme, you might want to check out these “Six Ways To Win At Digital Experience” and these “4 Marketing Disciplines Critical to Customer Centricity” from the fine folks over at CMO.com and CMO.com.au, respectively (who, amazingly, I’m pretty sure aren’t the same folks).
- Switching gears a tiny bit, Marketing Charts has data that shows “1 in 4 Conversations About Brands Reference Online Content.” Seems legit.
- Meanwhile, the Joshua Nite over on TopRank Blog explains “How to Turn Undervalued Content into Content Marketing Gold” (as Joshua says, by the way, “the trick is repurposing”). Such good stuff.
- Marketing Charts has data (and, go figure, charts) on “Traditional TV Viewing: What A Difference 5 Years Makes” that underscores this post about “2016’s Top Trends: Make Room For Mobile Video.” Good stuff to get you through the weekend.
- And, finally, we’ll close out this week’s list of 11 outstanding insights into the future of digital with this also outstanding collection of “15 Colossal Content Marketing Insights to Kick off Your Week.” And I hope your week to come is a good one, Big Thinkers!
If you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest