Well, Big Thinkers, we’ve reached roughly the mid-way point in the year. Seems as good a time as any to take a moment and assess where we are and where we’re going. To help you do just that I’ve gathered these 15 key travel marketing posts of 2015 (so far), so you can take a look at the top trends in travel marketing among your fellow Thinks readers. Enjoy:
- The biggest travel marketing post of the year rounded-up these “5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing.” It seems like a pretty solid set of trends to watch as we enter the second half of the year, too.
- Another hugely popular post collected a “Huge List of Lessons Learned at HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Strategy Conference.” You’ll love it. It’s huge. And great. Seriously. Did I mention it was huge?
- This next post explored
“The Big Myth About Digital Strategy” and explained what that myth means for hotel marketers.
- The ever-popular Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series offered up these “4 Key Posts About 2015 Travel Marketing Trends” for you.
- Mobile represents a huge opportunity for most hotel marketers. And the #5 post explains precisely “Why Mobile Matters for Hotel Marketing.” Good stuff, well worth your time.
- With the rapid changes in the distribution and digital marketing landscape, it seems like a great time to ask “Are Hotel Brands Doomed?” The answer might surprise you.
- And the next post operates among similar lines, asking “How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?” While I hate saying this, it really depends. Be sure to check out the whole article to see why.
- Posts providing insights from industry leaders almost always capture the hearts and minds of your fellow Thinks readers, which helps explain why this post, “CEO Darren Huston from Priceline Explains Why Driving Brand Value Matters” proved so popular.
- This collection of “5 Hotel Marketing Trends for 2015” from a Hotel News Now profile gained lots of looks, likes, links, and love from Big Thinkers all across the globe. Check it out to see why.
- Another Hospitality Marketing Link Digest featuring “7 Hot Hotel Marketing Insights” enters the list at #10. Good stuff.
- This review of “3 Keys to Compete with OTA’s in 2015 and Beyond” thrilled readers way back in January… and still gets plenty of action today.
- As a matter of fact, my round-up of “The Top 14 Hotel Marketing Posts of 2014” also got plenty of attention all year long. Well, y’know. So far, anyway.
- Our next entry celebrated “3 Mobile Milestones for Travel Marketing,” highlighting a trend that shows no signs of slowing down.
- For instance, these “5 Amazing Mobile Hotel Marketing Stories” from the Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series serve to illustrate exactly how big a deal mobile remains to your fellow hotel and travel marketers.
- And, finally, we’ll close out this recap of these 15 key travel marketing posts of 2015 (so far) with this look at “How the Best Hotels Own the Guest.” Nothing like learning from the best, eh?
I hope you enjoyed this look back at the top travel marketing posts of 2015 (so far), and that you stay tuned for even more hotel marketing, distribution, and e-commerce goodness all throughout the year. Thanks for reading and for making this all worthwhile. Don’t forget that you can sign up for our free newsletter to stay in touch with the latest e-commerce and digital strategy information and insights we provide here on Thinks every day.
And, if you’re looking to learn even more about how changing guest behavior shapes hospitality marketing, e-commerce, and distribution, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2015: Three Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your business, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- Should Marketers Really Trust Google in 2014?
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56