It’s the first Tuesday of the month, Big Thinkers, which means it’s time to list your favorite travel marketing, e-commerce, and distribution posts from the past thirty days, based on traffic and social shares. And while it was a very strong month overall, a few posts ran away with the site so much in October that we’ve decided to focus solely on those. With that said, take a few minutes to review these 4+ fantastic travel marketing posts: the top posts of October, 2015. Enjoy:
- By far, the biggest post of November highlighted hugely important trends, in a presentation called “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year”. It was closely followed by the video and slides from Leonardo featuring our own Tim Peter, and reviewing “Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016.” (there’s some slide reuse between these two, so we thought it would be OK to include them in a single list item; hope you do too).
- Another hugely popular post explained “Why Priceline Believes in the Death of Search Engine Optimization.” Is search engine optimization really dying? Not exactly. But the devil’s very much in the details here, so you’ll want to read the whole post to find out why.
- A whole bunch of entries from our weekly Hospitality Marketing Link Digest all gained lots of traffic over the past month, so we’re throwing these three in all together. The first collects “7 Insightful Distribution and E-Commerce Trends,” the next rounds up “5 Hospitality Marketing Must-Reads from the Past Week,” and the last details “5 Damn Fine Travel Distribution Dispatches.” According to your fellow Big Thinkers, strong stuff all around.
- And, just to offer you one last top post, make sure you check out these “5 Fabulous Travel Posts: The Top Travel Marketing Posts of September, 2015 ” too. You’ll be glad you did.
If you’re looking to learn even more about how changing guest behavior shapes hospitality marketing, e-commerce, and distribution, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your business, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- Should Marketers Really Trust Google in 2014?
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56