Welcome to November, Big Thinkers. Hard to believe that we’re well into the fourth quarter and ready to close out the year in just a couple of months. Of course, as we do at the beginning of every month, it’s time to take a look back at the most popular posts here on the blog as visited, viewed, rated, and reviewed by your fellow readers. So without further ado, take a moment to revisit these 10 must-reads, the top posts from November, 2015. Enjoy:
- The most popular entry from the past month comes courtesy Thinks Out Loud podcast, our weekly show highlighting best practices for e-commerce and digital marketing strategy. Episode 139 of the podcast asked, “Google, Apple or Facebook: Who’ll Win the Mobile Web?” Be sure to check out the whole episode to hear the answer for yourself.
- A pair of entries from the popular E-commerce Link Digest series jumped into the next most read spot, the first a collection of “8 Excellent Autumn E-commerce and Digital Marketing Posts” and the second a round-up of “9 Digital Marketing Must-Reads for You This Weekend.” Great stuff all around.
- Next up, we’ve got a highly popular post that asked, “So, How Big is Mobile Commerce Exactly?” Spoiler alert (for the easy answer): Real big. Huge, even. But you’ll just have to read the whole post for key insights into what that means for your business.
- Another E-commerce Link Digest entry pops up at #4, this one gathering up “6 Must-See Mobile Commerce Messages for You.” Lots of great insights into where mobile and e-commerce are heading there.
- Episode 138 of Thinks Out Loud provides the next item on our list, this episode diving into the connection between e-commerce and brick and mortar stores. So give a listen to “E-commerce vs. Store? It’s not Either/Or” to see what that means for your business.
- You fellow Big Thinkers really liked this group of “6 Spectacular Social, Mobile and E-commerce Insights” last month, pushing it into 6th place on this month’s list.
- Around here, we’re huge advocates of a “test and learn” strategy, building on experiments and analysis to improve your marketing and e-commerce efforts. The key to doing that well? “Learning How to Fail,” the subject of the next entry from October’s top posts.
- Harkening back to the first item on this month’s list is this post that asks the important question, “Should Facebook Take the Place of Your Brand’s Website?” The answer… well, you’ll just have to read the post to find out.
- Though it just went live the other day, this E-commerce Link Digest that asks “Google, Mobile, E-commerce. What More Could You Want?” quickly rocketed into the list. Be sure and check it out to see why.
- And, finally, if you liked this month’s list, don’t miss this past round-up of the top posts on Thinks, “7 Special E-Commerce and Digital Marketing Trending Topics: The Top Posts of September, 2015.” You’ll be glad you took a look.
If you’re interested in learning more about making the social, mobile web work for your customers, be sure to check out these “8 Excellent Autumn E-commerce and Digital Marketing Posts,” these “6 Must-See Mobile Commerce Messages for You,” this set of “9 Digital Marketing Must-Reads for You This Weekend” and other entries from our E-commerce Link Digest series, plus these “7 Special E-Commerce and Digital Marketing Trending Topics: The Top Posts of September, 2015.”
And if you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
And, finally, you might want to take a look at some of our past coverage of the e-commerce, mobile commerce, and digital marketing overall, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56