Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Howdy, Big Thinkers! No big setup today. Just 5 fast Airbnb, distribution, and digital dispatches from the past week for your benefit. Enjoy:
- Well, the whole Airbnb situation is getting pretty ugly. As Skift reports, “Airbnb Loses New York Battle as Governor Signs New Law Aimed at Hosts.” According to sources in the article, since the law focuses on hosts instead of Airbnb, it may have a tough time in the courts. But we’re going to keep an eye on this one ’round here for its longer-term impacts of the alternative accommodations space.
- Of course, we’ve covered Airbnb — and other alternative accommodations providers like HomeAway, VRBO.com, etc. — for a while. You might find these past posts interesting:
- Shifting gears, now that we’re in the thick of budget season, it seems like a great time to revisit these “8 Outstanding Lessons from the 2016 HSMAI Digital Marketing Strategy Conference” as you plan for 2017.
- This is from a few weeks back, but you should definitely review this look at “Distribution vs Profitability: The Future of Hotel Revenue Management” as well as this recent presentation about “Revenue Strategy: The High Cost of Ignoring Value” from our own Tim Peter.
- Finally, how about we wrap up this week’s look at 5 Airbnb, distribution, and digital dispatches from the past week with these 6 Crucial Insights Into the Future of Travel Marketing from the Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series? Be sure to check out the whole set when you have a moment.
If you’re looking for even more hospitality marketing goodness, you might also want to take a moment to review the slides from Tim’s recent seminar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?
- 5 Fantastic Insights Into 2016 Travel Marketing Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 6 Key Hotel E-commerce Tips: A Cheat Sheet to Drive Direct Business
- 5 Hospitality Marketing Trends You’ll Want to Keep in Mind: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- Expedia’s Accelerator Program: A Wolf in Wolf’s Clothing
- For Travel Marketers, Content is Still King
- Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016
- 8 Great Posts About 2016’s Top Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing
- How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?