Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Howdy, Big Thinkers! We’re going to skip the setup this week and jump straight into this great list of 8 exceptional insights into the future of mobile commerce and content marketing instead. Didn’t think you’d mind. Enjoy:
- Brand Quarterly kicks things off with this amazing look at “Getting Content Marketing And Sales Teams On The Same Page” that you really have to see.
- Meanwhile, Marketing Charts highlights research with “The Initiatives That Content Strategists Say They’ll Be Rallying Around” over the next year.
- We pay attention to these stories because, when it comes to “Content Marketing: We’re All Publishers Now.” To underscore that point, we examined “Why Content Marketing Matters” on Thinks Out Loud, our e-commerce and digital strategy podcast, and also recently rounded-up this list of “15 Colossal Content Marketing Insights to Kick off Your Week.” Good stuff all around.
- Before we shift gears, be sure to check out these 13 Key Insights About Mobile Commerce, Payments, and Content Marketing from the E-commerce Link Digest series when you get a moment.
- Speaking of mobile commerce, Marketing Charts asked “What Factors Are Preventing Consumers From Making Purchases on Mobile Devices?” Usability plays a key role, especially during checkout and payment. More on this, as you might guess, in a moment.
- Continuing with the mobile commerce theme, eMarketer had a great podcast episode that explored “Five Mobile Commerce Predictions for 2017” that you’ll really want to listen to.
- Since we’re talking about the future, Brand Quarterly also has a thought-provoking examination of “Machine Learning Algorithms: The Next Stage For Successful Marketers.” We’ve looked into that a bit ourselves in this recent round-up of “VR, AI, and UX: 7 Posts Highlighting Top Trends for 2016.”
- Finally, let’s close out this week’s list of 8 exceptional insights into the future of mobile commerce and content marketing with a set of “13 Near-Perfect Posts Featuring Future Marketing Trends” from the E-commerce Link Digest series and this Thinks Out Loud episode, “A Quick Postcard from the Future of Digital.” Have a great weekend, everyone!
If you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest