- Leading off, we’ve got a really important post that asks, “Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?” You should read the whole thing for yourself, but suffice to say my answer is a whole-hearted “No.” If anything, social should only continue to grow in 2016 as the cost of acquiring guests via Google and OTA’s continues to rise.
- Next up, don’t miss these “8 Great Posts About 2016’s Top Trends” from our ongoing Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series. As it says on the label, great stuff.
- While we’re on the topic of amazing travel trends, by the way, Dezeen has a fascinating article that says driverless cars could spell the end for domestic flights—and hotel stays, too. They’re suggesting a 20-year timeline, but I’m not sure. Definitely something to think about as time—and technology—advances.
- Tnooz has a terrific post that explains how video (think YouTube) influences travel decisions. I strongly suspect video represents one of the key trends to watch in 2016, so this is definitely worth taking a look at for your business.
- Finally, don’t miss these “7 Travel Trend Insights: The Top Travel Marketing Posts from November, 2015.”
If you’re interested in more insights and information about travel marketing and distribution, you’ll definitely want to check out these “4+ Fantastic Travel Marketing Posts: the Top Posts Of October, 2015” and be sure to check out this list of “4 Tremendous Travel Marketing Trends From the Past Week,” a great set of “7 Key Insights: The Top Travel Marketing Posts of August, 2015” and a terrific round-up of “7 Brilliant Insights into Mobile Travel E-commerce” from our hospitality marketing link digests (part of the ongoing E-commerce Link Digest series).
And if you’re looking to learn even more about how changing guest behavior shapes hospitality marketing, e-commerce, and distribution, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your business, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- Should Marketers Really Trust Google in 2014?
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56