Well, Big Thinkers, it’s time once again to recap and review the posts from the last month that received the most visits, likes, shares, and links from your fellow Thinks readers. Without further ado, take a moment to look back on these 5 fantastic travel marketing posts: the top posts from March. Enjoy!
- By far, the biggest post of the month was this “Huge List of Lessons Learned at HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Strategy Conference.” Not surprising, really, given that the HSMAI conference is one of the best events of the year. But your fellow Big Thinkers loved the recap from the conference, rocketing this round-up to the top spot overall.
- Not far behind, these “5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing” captured lots of “like and link” love too. As the post mentions, Millennials matter. Right now. Period. Be sure to take a look to see why — and how you can use that information to help your business.
- Next up, we’ve got this look at “Why Apple Might Choose Yelp as Its Go-To Search Engine.” I think it’s an outside chance Apple actually goes that way. But the post really explores a number of recent moves that Apple — and Priceline and Google — seem to be making and how those will affect your business going forward. Good read.
- Our weekly Hospitality Marketing Link Digests (part of the overall E-commerce Link Digest series) remain popular, with three separate entries taking top spots among your favorite posts this month. The first collects “5 Fantastic Hotel Marketing Posts You Won’t Want to Miss This Week,” the second offers “7 Truly Useful Hospitality Marketing Messages,” and the third rounds up “5 Amazing Travel Marketing Posts for You.” Really good stuff across the board, and well worth a moment of your time.
- And, finally, this exploration of “How the Best Hotels Own the Guest” closes out this month’s top posts list by addressing an important topic for hotel marketers everywhere. Make sure to check it out when you have a moment.
There you have it folks. 5 fantastic travel marketing posts to close out the month of March. If you’re looking for more, then don’t miss these “7 Outstanding Hospitality Marketing Insights: The Top Posts from February,” the “6 Winning Travel Marketing Posts: The Top Hospitality Marketing Posts from January”, and, of course, “The Top 14 Hotel Marketing Posts of 2014”
And if you’re looking to learn even more about how changing guest behavior shapes hospitality marketing, e-commerce, and distribution, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2015: Three Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your business, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- Should Marketers Really Trust Google in 2014?
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56