Olá, Big Thinkers. Hope you’re having an amazing weekend. The world tour continues, as I’m off to Sâo Paulo, Brasil this week (hence the greeting em Português, as I practice how not to make a fool of myself). With that in mind — and to respect your time — I’m going to skip any fancy formalities in the setup this week and get you right to this set of 5 fine hospitality marketing posts for your reading pleasure. Enjoy:
- Tnooz reports that TripAdvisor’s new CFO says quality hotel content is key to instant booking conversion. Seems reasonable to me.
- CMO.com has an amazing list of Expedia’s top tips on using creativity and data science to boost your brand. Excellent read and a great companion to this presentation on using data to put personalization to work for your property.
- The team here at Thinks rounded up these 8 outstanding lessons from the 2016 HSMAI Digital Marketing Strategy Conference that are well-worth your time to review.
- Another solid post here on Thinks says that, for travel marketers, content is still king. No doubt about it.
- And, finally, don’t miss these 7 sensational hotel marketing insights from our ongoing Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series.
If you’re looking to learn even more about how changing guest behavior shapes hospitality marketing, e-commerce, and distribution, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- “5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing”
- “How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?”
- “The Big Myth About Digital Strategy.”
- “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year”
- “Huge List of Lessons Learned at HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Strategy Conference”
- “Are Hotel Brands Doomed?”
- “Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016”