Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Howdy, Big Thinkers! No big setup today. Instead, let’s just jump right into these 5 must-see hospitality marketing hot topics. Enjoy:
- CNBC says that “Airbnb Doubles Down It Its Efforts to Fight Hotel ‘Price-Gouging’.” Price-gouging? Pardon me while I Airbn-barf.
- Given how the “sharing” economy affects hospitality, we’ve looked at Airbnb in detail a number of times in the past, including this round-up of “5 Airbnb, Distribution, and Digital Dispatches,” and these posts that ask “What Business Is Airbnb In? Hotels? Or Hospitality?” and “How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?”
- Skift reports on “Travel Habits of Americans and Finds 87 Percent Haven’t Yet Messaged With a Travel Brand.” OK. But that also means that about 1 in 8 have. Not too bad for a growing category, really.
- These “9 Posts Highlighting Hospitality Digital Marketing Trends,” this set of “7 Sensational Posts for Hospitality Marketers,” and these “8 Outstanding Hospitality Marketing Posts Focused on Guest Experience” all from the Hospitality Marketing Link Digest have gotten plenty of play on social media the past month. Check ’em out to see why.
- Finally, don’t miss this important post that asks marketers, when it comes to “Hospitality Digital Marketing and Distribution: Is it Time to Give Up?”
If you’re looking for even more hospitality marketing goodness, you might also want to take a moment to review the slides from Tim’s recent seminar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?
- 5 Fantastic Insights Into 2016 Travel Marketing Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 6 Key Hotel E-commerce Tips: A Cheat Sheet to Drive Direct Business
- 5 Hospitality Marketing Trends You’ll Want to Keep in Mind: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- Expedia’s Accelerator Program: A Wolf in Wolf’s Clothing
- For Travel Marketers, Content is Still King
- Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016
- 8 Great Posts About 2016’s Top Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing
- How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?