Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Howdy, Big Thinkers. Hope you’ve had an amazing week. No setup today. Instead, we’re going to jump straight into this list of 7 spectacular insights into AI and other digital strategy trends. Enjoy:
- Alastair Cole has a great piece over at CMO.com featuring 6 predictions on how AI will advance in 2018 — and beyond that you won’t want to miss. In particular, Cole’s view of AI helping shape customer experience seems spot-on. Make sure you check out the whole list.
- On a related note, Steven Bradley put together this look at how AI and machine learning can reprogram the marketing landscape for PC World Australia. My only thought is that it should say “will reprogram the entire marketing landscape,” but you get the idea.
- Since we’re on the topic of AI, don’t miss these 7 ways you can use AI in B2B sales and marketing from Thinks Out Loud, our e-commerce and digital strategy podcast.
- If you’re worried about AI hurting you in the long run, remember that AI won’t steal your job: smart people who put AI to work will .
- Looking more broadly, Mercedes M. Cardona uncovered 10 trends that will shape marketing in 2018 that makes a great companion to these 5 top digital trends for 2018, also from Thinks Out Loud.
- Also, you’ll definitely want to review these 6 proven digital marketing trends we put together a few weeks back.
- And, finally, do all these changing digital marketing and strategy trends make your job easier? Or do they make your job harder? Well, how about both? That’s what we were talking about in”Deal With It: Digital Makes Marketing Easier for Everyone, Which Makes Marketing Harder For Everyone.” Be sure to check it out when you get a chance.
Have a great weekend, everyone. We’ll catch you back here next week!
If you’re looking to learn even more about how changing customer behavior will shape your marketing going forward, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to check out these slides I had the pleasure of presenting recently about the key trends shaping marketing in the next year. Here are the slides for your reference:
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- Why AI Will Change Hospitality Marketing Forver
- 9 Posts Featuring Chatbots, AI and all the Hospitality Digital Marketing Trends of 2018
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest