I don’t know about you all, Big Thinkers, but I’m seriously ready for spring to arrive. Here in New Jersey it’s rainy and chilly and, well, just plain yucky. So I’m going to hunker down this weekend with a collection of these 8 amazing e-commerce and mobile masterpieces to get me through the weekend. How about you do the same? Enjoy:
- Marissa Tarleton on iMediaConnection talks about how mobile is driving a multi-channel world. Her column essentially lays out why customers don’t think about channels, but instead simply use whatever channel is most convenient for them at the moment they need it.
- Underscoring that point, Business Insider reports that Apple Pay is showing promising growth, again demonstrating that customers will use whatever tool works best for their needs at the moment they need it.
- Over on Mobile Commerce Daily, Brielle Jaekel quotes Nicole Dvorak from Forrester, who says that Messaging is the most important part of mobile strategy.
- The articles above all clearly illustrate
why I’m bullish on mobile payments and messaging. And these 9 necessary insights into mobile commerce from the past week and this collection of 8 excellent social and mobile e-commerce essays only help to reinforce that message.
- A couple of Articles from eMarketer show how all these trends come together. The first says that mobile is affecting the traditional path to purchase while the second describes how client-side marketers aim to deliver more cohesive customer experiences. Plenty of opportunities exist for you to do the same for your customers.
- At The Financial Brand, James Robert Lay asks the important question about digital marketing: “what’s your mission?” Do you have an answer?
- While you’re thinking about that question, don’t forget that increasingly, it’s Facebook’s world and we’re all living in it. The social giant has a terrific handle on how customers engage with content on mobile and social today and are driving the direction that many marketers will take going forward.
- Finally you won’t want to miss these two hugely popular posts from the past few weeks. The first teaches the lesson every marketer must learn from Batman v. Superman While the other lists 10 killer mobile and e-commerce resources: the top posts of April, 2016 for you.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- 2016’s Top Trends: Make Room For Mobile Video
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest