Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Howdy, Big Thinkers! Hope you don’t mind if we skip the setup this week and instead just get you right to this list of 8 exceptional e-commerce and distribution insights. Enjoy:
- Leading off, we’ve got this list of 8 Exceptional Hospitality Digital Marketing Posts from last week’s Hospitality Marketing Link Digest for you.
- SiteMinder outlined “3 Keys to an Effective Hotel Distribution Strategy” that works as an excellent companion to this list of “4 Tips to Build Your E-commerce and Distribution Plans.”
- Ryan Solutions says that, “When It Comes to Mobile Email Opens, What a (Huge) Difference Two Years Make.”
- HotelMarketing.com notes that “With Occupancy High, Hotels Seek to Avoid Online Booking Services.” Good advice. And a reminder of this “Fair and Balanced Look at Balancing Direct and OTA Business” that you’ll really want to check out.
- Tnooz offers up “A Few Stats on the State of Digital Travel Marketing” along with some excellent insights on what those stats mean for your property.
- Here on Thinks, we took a look at “How to Take Charge of Your Distribution Strategy” and “Why Developing Your Distribution Strategy Matters for your Hotel” for you.
- We also collected these “8 Outstanding Lessons from the 2016 HSMAI Digital Marketing Strategy Conference” that you’ll want to check out.
- And, finally, let’s round out this week’s collection of 8 exceptional e-commerce and distribution insights with some video. Milestone Internet Marketing put up a whole bunch of videos from its 2016 Digital Marketing Conference. While it doesn’t appear to be embeddable, scroll down on the link to watch our own Tim Peter in Milestone’s “Up Close and Personal with Hospitality Industry Experts” panel. Great stuff from Tim and fellow panelist Robert Cole.
If you’re looking for even more hospitality marketing goodness, you might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent seminar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?
- 5 Fantastic Insights Into 2016 Travel Marketing Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 6 Key Hotel E-commerce Tips: A Cheat Sheet to Drive Direct Business
- 5 Hospitality Marketing Trends You’ll Want to Keep in Mind: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- Expedia’s Accelerator Program: A Wolf in Wolf’s Clothing
- For Travel Marketers, Content is Still King
- Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016
- 8 Great Posts About 2016’s Top Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing
- How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?