Hope you’re all having a lovely spring weekend, Big Thinkers. We’re finally starting to warm up around here; hope you are too. But when you come back inside, take a moment to review these 8 exceptional hospitality marketing posts from the past week. Enjoy:
- The LA Times says the flood of travel websites may be pushing up demand for human travel agents. How’s that for irony?
- While we’re on the OTA vs. traditional travel agents discussion, check out Tnooz’s look at the unspoken reality of the online travel agency sector (hello, frenemies). Good stuff.
- And, continuing the theme, be sure to review this post: “Warning: Don’t Get Swept Away By Search, Meta, and OTA Shifts.” You’ll be glad you did.
- My latest column for Hotel News Now explores the big digital strategy myth. Check it out when you get a moment.
- Skift reports that mobile devices now generate 25% of all digital travel transactions in the US. That’s a pretty big deal.
- Ryan Solutions asks how many people actually click the social icons in your emails. Good question and an excellent answer.
- We recently rounded-up 5 key facts about mobile, Millennials, and hotel marketing.
- And, finally, you’ll also want to review these 5 fantastic travel marketing posts: the top posts from March.
And there you have it folks. 8 exceptional hospitality marketing posts from the past week. Be sure to check back with us, or subscribe to the blog, to learn more every day.
Looking for even more of the best hospitality marketing advice and insights? Then don’t miss “The 5 Most Shared Travel Marketing Posts This Week,” “The 6 Best Travel Marketing Posts This Past Week,” these “6 Superb Hotel Marketing Insights,” and these “6 Totally Brilliant Travel Marketing Posts,” from our hospitality marketing link digests (part of the ongoing E-commerce Link Digest series).
If you want to learn even more about how customers changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
Plus, don’t miss these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might also want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your business, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- Should Marketers Really Trust Google in 2014?
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56