- Marketing Charts outlines the demographics of social networking platform users. Great stuff.
- We explained the coming massive mobile disruption and what you can do about it as well as the long-term growth curve for mobile commerce.
- Mobile Commerce Daily lists 5 businesses that benefit from data science.
- PSFK explains what it will be like when we’re all living in a world with instant access to everything. From a marketers’ point of view, your biggest challenge will be helping your customers navigate the clutter in their lives.
- One major factor that will drive your customers’ access to everything is the increasing reality of Internet, everywhere. This USA Today story suggests that’s only going to become more real as Verizon starts field tests of ‘5G’ connectivity in 2016.
- Here on Think, we examined why mobile email matters. Hint: The two previous stories play a pretty big role.
- We’ve also finally reached a point where 2015’s top digital trend — online video — has arrived.
- Hub Magazine has a great article that puts many of these pieces together in a “conversion convergence.” Great read.
- And, since we’re looking at trends, don’t miss this recent episode of our Thinks Out Loud podcast, “Breaking Down the Mary Meeker 2015 Internet Trends Report.” Very worthwhile information to get you through the week ahead.
And if you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
And, finally, you might want to take a look at some of our past coverage of the e-commerce, mobile commerce, and digital marketing overall, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56