- Marketing Charts notes that mobile is now forecast to capture the majority of US digital ad spending this year. Which is good, really. But what about TV and print?
- The Next Web has a great article that says, “Startups are about to eat your business – here’s what to do about it.” Excellent read about a topic we’ve covered a couple of times before.
- Speaking of disruptive technologies, we took a look at why mobile payments will rule. Definitely something you’re going to want to learn more about. To start, check out this article that says Apple Pays new partner has one big advantage over Square/.
- Want to know why disruptive companies keep winning in the marketplace? Well, as Quartz says, Uber hired those guys who hacked a Jeep while it was on the highway. I don’t know if it’s a good hire or not. What is shows though, is that they’re willing to exploit any possible advantage if it helps them attract and retain new customers. My question is: Why didn’t Jeep hire those guys?
- Marketing Charts reports the latest online video consumption growth forecast for 2015-2016. Check out this recent podcast, “2015’s Top Digital Trend: Online Video Arrives,” for how to put that data to work for you business.
- Mobile Commerce Daily explains how Mondelez plans to transform shopper marketing via mobile. Cool stuff.
- And, finally, we’ll finish up with another mobile shopping post, one that uncovers the big lie about mobile commerce everyone’s telling right now. A good way to round out this week’s list, don’t you think?
If you’re interested in learning more, make sure to check out these “6 Major Stories About Millennials and Mobile Commerce” these “9 Marvelous Mobile Marketing and E-Commerce Columns: The Top Posts of May” and other entries from our E-commerce Link Digest series, including these “8 Amazing E-Commerce Posts Winning this Week”, these “10 Damn-Good Digital Marketing Posts,” another “10 Spectacular Mobile Marketing and E-Commerce Essays”, and this set of “6 Major Stories About Millennials and Mobile Commerce” too.
And if you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
And, finally, you might want to take a look at some of our past coverage of the e-commerce, mobile commerce, and digital marketing overall, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56