Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Hey, Big Thinkers! As we’re heading into the last part of 2016, it seems like a good time to look forward at what’s next. With that in mind, take a few minutes to review this great list of 9 needed insights into digital’s future. And get ready for what’s to come. Enjoy:
- Brand Quarterly leads off with a fantastic post about “Growth Hacking Your Brand Strategy” that you won’t want to miss.
- Fast Company reports that “VR Will Be A $38 Billion Industry By 2026,” which is, y’know, a lot. And we offered up a look at “VR, AI, and UX: 7 Posts Highlighting Top Trends for 2016” that serves as an excellent complement too.
- While you’re at it, check out this “Quick Postcard from the Future of Digital” from Thinks Out Loud, our weekly e-commerce and digital strategy podcast.
- Given these changes, It’s not surprising that Clickz asks, “How Do Marketers Measure up to Digital Transformation?”
- What is digital transformation, you ask? Well, don’t miss this look at “Digital Transformation: A Brief Introduction” and “Why Digital Transformation Matters for Your Business” also from Thinks Out Loud.
- These “6 Insights Into Customer Experience and Digital Transformation” also can help you get up-to-speed on how to put digital transformation to work for your brand and business.
- CMS Wire says to “CMOs: You Can’t Predict the Future, But You Can Prepare,” which is great advice, really.
- The challenge, of course, as Marketing Land points out is that “More Marketers Are Becoming Early Adopters of Marketing Tech, Although Half Can’t Keep up With the Changes.” They might want to review this Thinks Out Loud episode that uncovers “How to Keep Up With Technology as a Marketer: The Quick and Dirty Guide.”
- Finally, let’s close this list of 9 needed insights into digital’s future with a fantastic collection of “11 Outstanding Insights Into the Future of Digital” from the ongoing E-commerce Link Digest series. Enjoy!
If you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest